• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar steering

Joe Barnes

Okie
Local time
5:27 PM
Reaction score
I'm building a E body outlaw street car, this will work for your B body also, I order a GM style tilt steering column and fuss box with full wiring, adapted a tuff steering wheel and wired complete car. This gets rid of amp gauge where you can run a volt meter. Also I built a 4" spacer to bring the steering wheel out to E body spec's. Thanks Joe

IMG_20180805_175102421.jpg

And you get tilt steering, better column safety, better column to steering box coupler and more steering wheel options. More to it than just bypassing/eliminating the ammeter.

Well put. But most of us do not need that quality.

And you get tilt steering, better column safety, better column to steering box coupler and more steering wheel options. More to it than just bypassing/eliminating the ammeter.

I’ll agree with that. I put in a FlamingRiver stainless column in my Dart. Being an A body, the cabin is small, so I wanted the steering wheel as close to the dash as I could and since I was wiring the car front to rear with aftermarket wiring, it was really a no brainer to do it.

Out of pure curiosity, what exactly is an "outlaw" car anyways?

Auto Transport Service
Back