• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most expensive vinyl album sales from 2022

YY1

Local time
10:37 PM
Reaction score
I found this quite interesting.

It was posted on my audio forum.

50 Most Expensive Items Sold in 2022 | Discogs Digs

Dang it...I got Too fast For Love on cassette. Vinyl sold for $6700!

Wait...I have Samhain Initium on vinyl. Pretty sure it's nowhere near mint or even GC, but I'll sure check tonight. On the list at 5999K

Got Nirvana Bleach.....on cassette. Vinyl sold for $4000!

I have an Iron Maiden 12" single but I think it's "Aces High". "2 Minutes to Midnight" is on the list at $4590.

I also have the single that has their cover of "Cross Eyed Mary", which I understand is one of the most rare Iron Maiden releases.....but mine is, you guessed it...on cassette.

Beatles Please Please me is on there 3 or 4 times but where is my VGC Sgt Peppers or Magical Mystery Tour?

Last edited:
I still have all my vinyl - 400+ LPs and 100 or so 45s. The 45s were my parents record collections from their teens in the 50s while the LPs are 60s, 70s & 80s. Some relatively obscure stuff and fair number radio station promo albums. Not sure what any of it's worth, but rare and valuable are not the same thing lol.

I got the Introducing album that I bought eons ago, still in plastic. Along with all the Beatles albums, plus many other albums that survived. CCR, Stones, Doors, etc.
Beatles Please Please me is on there 3 or 4 times but where is my VGC Sgt Peppers or Magical Mystery Tour?

Since they sold like a billions records... hardly rare ! :)

Pink Floyd sold a gazillion DSOTM, but they are worth megabucks in EC

Hmmm I just recently sold my 75 album collection to a young guy for $325. In that box was a very good shape ‘Introducing the Beatles’ - this list says it’s worth $5k. Ouch I’m quite sure this guy knew what he was getting as he was an Audiophile type dude. I just didn’t know what I was selling. Ouch!

That list is very likely mint originals and my be in unopened original packaging. (i didn't read)

My DSOTM is in GC and has all the posters, stickers, and post cards.

Other than the Beatles albums, nothing else on that list ever floated my boat. They Classics I grew up with but never wanted to purchase any albums. My albums tastes are quite eclectic in nature so I basically have ones that also wouldn't appeal to others. Musical tastes will always differ...cr8crshr/Bill :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

Last edited:
IIRC that list is quite varied with classical grabbing the top spot.

Keep in mind these are actual selling prices of items listed for sale on that site.

I've got a lot of promos, too and a lot of interesting but maybe not valuable.

It's a fun list to look at, but Listed Value and what you actually can get for it is often quite far apart.

I bought CD’s when they became available, then went digital. First iTunes and now whatever free **** is available. It funny because I play guitar. And a lot of guitar players won’t give up their tube amps, because of the sound and feel. I still have mine, but play thru a fully digital Axe FX III. I can’t tell the difference, other than it models thousands of amps.

It's a fun list to look at, but Listed Value and what you actually can get for it is often quite far apart.

Those are actual selling prices of items in the condition that is listed.

I bought CD’s when they became available, then went digital. First iTunes and now whatever free **** is available. It funny because I play guitar. And a lot of guitar players won’t give up their tube amps, because of the sound and feel. I still have mine, but play thru a fully digital Axe FX III. I can’t tell the difference, other than it models thousands of amps.

I had vinyl (still have most of them except for a few that got borrowed/stolen) and high quality cassette copies well into the CD era.
I hated pre-recorded cassettes and consequently don't have very many. Most of mine were picked up for $2 and only because I couldn't find it on vinyl.
I couldn't afford anything to play CDs on and waited until I had about a dozen disks before finally buying one around 1991.
I don't stream but I do have a sizeable MP3 collection. At 128-192 bit sampling, I can't hear the difference.

I only have one tube amp ('68 Fender Twin) and it hasn't had tubes in it for over a decade. I do have an '84 solid state 75 watt Marshall and some small solid state Fenders and a Crate. I've got two amp and effects modelers I picked up cheap but rarely use them. I only use them if I need a specific effect like a delay, flange, etc.

Those are actual selling prices of items in the condition that is listed.

One sold for that. Getting top dollar for your similar vinyl is hit and miss and time consuming, ...that's all.

I still have all my vinyl, first printings of grand funk, the dead, seldom scene, buffet and many others. I still also use my JVC with a pioneer equalizer regularly. I also have pioneer receiver stored away.
The analog sound just sounds better
About the albums...
Culture club!? Didn't see that coming

One sold for that. Getting top dollar for your similar vinyl is hit and miss and time consuming, ...that's all.

I don't believe I've ever sold any. Not real interested in doing that now, either.

Auto Transport Service
Back