• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moving down the alphabet...

Robbin

Local time
1:02 AM
Reaction score
Belonged to "C Bodies Only" for several years with a nice '67 Plymouth Sport Fury fastback I own. Found a quite nice '66 Plymouth Belvedere I two-door sedan last summer. I've been looking all over the U.S. for an unmolested '66 or '67 Plymouth or Dodge two-door sedan for about six years. Seems to be very scarce models. I found this Plymouth within 120 miles from home... The car is bone stock with a 225 slant-six and column 3-speed. Body is good with a few easily repairable warts, very clean interior, and runs and drives like a dream (even has a mid-sixties "mile-o-meter" vacuum gage mounted on the steering column). Plans are for a big inch big block with 5-speed and Dana 60. A streetable 572 Hemi would be nice, but having trouble justifying the ridiculous additional cost. The sensible swap would be the turn-key Hellcat crate engine and cable assembly...but, I prefer old school technology and keep cars reasonably close to original. When I find a well-kept original car, I have a hard time making a performance car out of "grandma's car"...many times, I leave them alone and enjoy the drive... I've been a Chevy builder and restorer for 40 years and have a number of Chevy classics and muscle cars. But, always had a soft spot for '60s Mopar cars ...also have a couple of '60s Ford muscle cars. Therefore, my technical knowledge of Mopar is quite limited. I am sure I will be seeking lots of advice from the experts on this great forum... Thanks,

engine.jpg front seat and dash.jpg P1020452.JPG P1020453.JPG P1020454.JPG P1020455.JPG P1020456.JPG

Nice. 2 door post are hard to come by. Good thing it's a complete car, parts are even harder to come by.

Nice. 2 door post are hard to come by. Good thing it's a complete car, parts are even harder to come by.
-Thanks...I am finding that out. There is only one trim piece I could use...right quarter spear (just posted on FBBO-WTB). Piece on the car is smashed pretty good. I just restored my '70 Chevelle SS454. An 18 month project. One can buy virtually every piece of the car from dozens of on-line suppliers...might cost an arm and leg...but, parts are readily available! What's the deal with lack of mopar reproduction parts???

Welcome ,nice ride.
Get used to no parts being repoped for mopars only the high end cars that everyone wants they won't bother with the odd balls till they catch on !

Welcome from Ohio and to the darkside.

awesome cars and a lot of great info and people on FBBO.

Hello Robbin, that looks like a real nice car.

Sorry bout the fords but welcome anyway!!
:thumbsup::lol:

Thanks, I have to keep the Fords in a separate building because the Mopars and Chevys make fun of the Fords all night long...
I do the same with our chebby and A body...lol

Welcome to the madness from North Carolina - and yet another 67 Belvedere owner ( mine is a work in progress )

-Thanks...I am finding that out. There is only one trim piece I could use...right quarter spear (just posted on FBBO-WTB). Piece on the car is smashed pretty good. I just restored my '70 Chevelle SS454. An 18 month project. One can buy virtually every piece of the car from dozens of on-line suppliers...might cost an arm and leg...but, parts are readily available! What's the deal with lack of mopar reproduction parts???

Thats why I like the 66/67 cars personally. A little more leg work to find parts but you can count the # of plastic trim pieces in and on the car on your hands. Unfortunately most of the Camaro and Chevelles on the road these days are more Chinese plastic than American steel and aluminum. There are some repops for 66/67 cars but as I stated the post cars are rare and there are some specific trim pieces that will never be made again.

Auto Transport Service
Back