• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Muscle cars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back for one post. Just watching a show on H2 called, "Hot Rods and Muscle Cars". It's almost over here, but if you see it on your guide, watch or record it. It's a couple hours well spent. IMO.
Not everyone will agree with their definitions or inclusions, but it is a great layout of how the market played out and grabbed at the attention of the public. All makes and models.

It is on again at midnight Mountain Daylight Time.

Peace out folks!

Last edited:
I agree. The tri-power 389 was all Pontiac had at the time. And was no match for many of the early 60s beasts. But I still believe they started a whole new class. (Well, unofficially.)
Nope, Pontiac also had the 421 back then. You could get it in the Super Duty form in 1962 Catalinas with an official 405 hp, but usually considered closer to 460 hp. GM didn't want such big engines in their mid sized cars, but they certainly existed.

I was thinking earlier than 63. There was a post I saw. Pick your favorite car from the year you were born. I was born in '61. And I still have a problem picking any 1961 American automobile I would say is my favorite? I'm sure there are those who have a beloved '61. But one has to agree that some years are not the best for US automotive. 1983 was another. That year was so bad corvette took the year off?
I was born in '61 also and built an American made '61. It's one of my favorites
61.jpg
61a.jpg

My next favorite is what I consider to be "THE" first muscle car, big engine/ mid sized car/ purpose built, is my 1962 Max Wedge Dart

20181208_224657.jpg
20190212_144001.jpg

Nope, Pontiac also had the 421 back then. You could get it in the Super Duty form in 1962 Catalinas with an official 405 hp, but usually considered closer to 460 hp. GM didn't want such big engines in their mid sized cars, but they certainly existed.
The 421 did exist. But was never a production option for the first GTOs. (And I really don't know why?)

Back for one post. Just watching a show on H2 called, "Hot Rods and Muscle Cars". It's almost over here, but if you see it on your guide, watch or record it. It's a couple hours well spent. IMO.
Not everyone will agree with their definitions or inclusions, but it is a great layout of how the market played out and grabbed at the attention of the public. All makes and models.

It is on again at midnight Mountain Daylight Time.

Peace out folks!
You're right. It was a mistake even posting that opinion?

I'm actually sorry I even read some of this:rolleyes:.

meh..
,im gonna go buy some more parts for my amc.
Russ.....lets see some of those AMC pics......Btw in case if you don't know you may want to reach out to Richard 69bfan he has a friend that deals solely in AMC parts......

right im amazed at some of the stunts we pulled back then and survived to roll another day.
now its all about the cruising n spreading the mopar love..
something you could work on there cojo

ty for the amc hookup,ill take all the help i can get
and obviously<beatersrus> doesnt need nos parts lol !
From what I was told that guy has anything and everything AMC.......He is also a super nice and very reasonable guy to deal with....AMC's had dual point distributors and he came across a stash of NOS caps....These caps are the same as the BB tan caps so I got a few from him.....They just came in an AMC box and not a lot of people realized that and ignored them......

hook a brother up !!
and ill post pics of my shitty looking car with good bones lol
im in need of a 72 up standard eggcrate grille
and a good none cracked front bumper please and ty.
im going to body color it so chrome doesnt matter either.

nice score on the caps too,amc bought parts from everyone back then.

hook a brother up !!

I love the AMC's.....At this past MCACN they had a large display of them...the biggest group I have seen at one setting.....They were some beauties.....

hook a brother up !!

amc.jpg
amc3.jpg
amc4.jpg
MCACN_amc-display-ss-amx-mcacn.jpg

From the show for your viewing pleasure....

If your not a racer your not a racer. I wouldn't take you on on a car build off. Especially to stock specs. I still have that damn "It just needs more power." bug. I never out grew.
Raced for around 10 years......My "racer" blood is thick from generations from a racing family....I simply enjoy a different part of the hobby.....

You wouldn't compete with me in an original build......That competition is Solely between the owner and the car they built.......I do not care about someone else's OE build....

I do hope that the personal insults and attacking behaviour will cease now in this, and all other threads. It pains me to delete or edit threads like this, so I apologise to the guys who got caught in the crossfire.
To the new kid on the block @Cojohnso1 ....you have made quite an entrance....almost as if you are a former Banned member in new clothes. Prove me wrong, and start posting in a less confrontational way. I don't tolerate abuse of members here for very long.

Raced for around 10 years......My "racer" blood is thick from generations from a racing family....I simply enjoy a different part of the hobby.....

You wouldn't compete with me in an original build......That competition is Solely between the owner and the car they built.......I do not care about someone else's OE build....
Then you are aware racing is serious. And I would never push anyone who wasn't comfortable or interested. I would feel sick if something bad happened. Enough never to do again. Even if it was a fluke. Like I mentioned we are very different. I'm not at all interested in building something back to what it already has been. Do you ever put your work in competition? Or just not interested in ribbons? I've heard others say that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back