• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mutliple explosions at finish line of Boston Marathon

This one was way too close to home for me. You just don't think it can happen this close.

I know exactly where Waltham is WS and I hear you. Maybe you and Dickie can keep us posted from the inside.

Could be, but it also could not be, but of course CNN is going blame the Tea Party until it's proven otherwise. I just got home from NH & the local news here is non-stop. There are at least 98 people injured & one of the dead is an 8 year old boy. Because there were so many news crews at th finish line, there is multiple footage of injured & bloodied people getting taken away on wheelchairs.

There was another explosion at the JFK Library about an hour later & they are unsure at this point if the two are related.

Right now, there is a lockdown of the parking garage at Mass General Hospital due to a tip of some sorts.

The JFK library was just a fire. Was wondering if maybe you were running in the race there Mr. Cranium? :icon_biggrin:

Had a story on our local news tonight that a young man from the town I live in had just crossed the finish line just shortly before the first bomb went off. I hope it's not somebody that wants to try and get a point across. The families and victims don't need that when all they were doing was enjoying the day/race. My sympathies got out to all the victims and their families.

I've been watching CNN all day and didnt see any such inference at all ever. ******** dont fan the flames and be an idiot either.
At this point they have no idea who did it and arent speculating.

Rusty dont let some misinformation posted by someone more than likely looking to stir the pot rile you up.

Pray for the victims and keep the political BS out of it.

My friends wife passed through 10 minutes before the bombs went off. I am from the area and have friends who work downtown. I have been following it closely. No one has said anything remotely close to that at all.

Killing kids? fuq that time for some huntin again, bastards! now 10k of them must die guess hell needs more asshats!

It could be anybody, but making kneejerk accusations against the right makes about as much sense as blaming the left for all the mass shootings as of late to try to pass gun control legislation. It just shows how low both sides will go to make the other look like the bad guy no matter what. It turns my stomach.
I see someone bothered to click the link?! lol

I've been watching CNN all day and didnt see any such inference at all ever. ******** dont fan the flames and be an idiot either.
At this point they have no idea who did it and arent speculating.

Rusty dont let some misinformation posted by someone more than likely looking to stir the pot rile you up.

Pray for the victims and keep the political BS out of it.

My friends wife passed through 10 minutes before the bombs went off. I am from the area and have friends who work downtown. I have been following it closely. No one has said anything remotely close to that at all.
Did you even try clicking the link? Or was it easier to blame me and call me a ******** for the headline you didn't like? Yeah, I know, you know someone that was there so your Opinions are going to be more important that others?! Get over yourself!

I'm so sorry to hear this news. There will be a lot of theories on how / why it happened (and I'm sure I'll have a few) but the bottom line is people got killed or hurt for no reason. All we can do is pray for the deceased and injured.

It's horrible news, I have a friend (who is alright) who ran the race, another who decided not to run, and myself who (maybe luckily) didnt quite qualify.

That being said, have we all forgotten the 60's? Have we all forgotten the 70's and 80's with the hijackings? How about the 20's and 30's? How about the OkC bombing, the Waco nuts, Branch Dividians, etc etc. I think we all need to calm down a bit, this sort of thing does happen from time to time, as horrible as it is. The world is safer than it has ever been, though it does not always feel it.

My friends wife passed through 10 minutes before the bombs went off.

has your wife been able to talk to her, 99?

i will say a prayer for all the people involved and all their families...another senseless tragedy.

The first step in solving a problem is to identify it. It was terrorism. Not a tragedy. Prayers for the victims yes. But for crissake call it what it is.

The JFK library was just a fire. Was wondering if maybe you were running in the race there Mr. Cranium? :icon_biggrin:

Not me, I can't drive 25 miles without pulling over to take a leak, nevermind run that far. However, my wife had a couple friends running in the marathon & they're ok.

The first step in solving a problem is to identify it. It was terrorism. Not a tragedy. Prayers for the victims yes. But for crissake call it what it is.

yeah Dennis it was an act of terrorism, but it was a tragedy that people had to die senselessly.

First off we all need to Pray for the victims and their Families, and all the others there to enjoy a beautiful day, participate, and help in keeping it a safe event. It didn't happen that way now did it? It is not only the victims but the first responders that we also need to keep in our thoughts and prayers. These bombs were in fact...Anti-Personnel devices designed to inflict the most horrific kinds of injury and trauma. Shrapnel!!! These types of devices are most common in War Zones. IEDS that our Military has been enduring now for more than 11 years. So what does that tell you? America is a target of a War. Therefore we got "HIT" again and again it was designed to "HURT US". And it did. Yesterday was Patriots Day in MA. That day goes back to our Revolutionary War when Patriots from all over came together to stop Tyranny and Oppression from the British. Seems these Terrorists pick days that America is enjoying our History and coming together to celebrate. That is when crowds will be at their highest. The thinking is to inflict the most carnage in order to make their statements and further their agendas. And it will continue until we as a Nation and People stop the "PC-ness" and "Left vs Right" banter that hasn't yet brought us back together as a Nation. We choose to turn the other cheek and label these types of things as something other than what they truly are. It is TERRORISM and an ACT OF WAR!!! After 9/11 we started in the right direction by mobilizing and returning the Right of Self Defense to its proper station. Slowly though that has eroded into a passive response now that will only increase the carnage and hits we will continue to endure. Unless...We again bring together all our abilities and capabilities to bare once again and finish this WAR once and for all. It will be costly both in dollars and lives. But it must be done in order to preserve this UNION and stop these Terrorists and Jahadists along with every other nut job that threatens us and to those that carry out those threats. I say MOBILIZE!!! Amass the largest Military Force the World has ever seen to Fight the Fight and kill this evil that is permeating this world. Remember...we were attacked first just like:

Lexington and Concord
The Alamo
The Main
Pearl Harbor
OK City
9/11
Countless other Times
And now Boston

Hate to say it, but stuff like this isn't going to stop. We could spend twice as much on counter terrorism, military, etc, and these senseless tragedies will continue to happen. Terrorism was around in the 1600's with Guy Fawkes, and it will be around 400 years from now. I wish I had an answer as to why these things happen, but like everyone else, I don't. My message to anyone who would ever be involved in terrorism/murder of innocents... KILL YOURSELF. Don't hurt anyone because you're screwed up, angry, crazy, insane, hungry for revenge. Just snuff yourself and move on to a place where perhaps you'll be happier.

I'm really glad I live in a country where overall we pull together and help when these things happen. This is the greatest country in history, and these attacks will never take that away.

No conclusions just some points to ponder.

Terrorists are usually the first to claim responsability. This has not happened acording to the FBI Report released minutes ago.

Runners especally marathoners are often considered on the liberal side of the political spectrum.

This was done on TAX Day.

This was done in Boston the location of the Boston Tea Party often considered the greatest revolt against the prevailing government at the time.

Auto Transport Service
Back