• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MY 1966 Plymouth Satellite Project

Jeff Baker

Local time
12:36 AM
Reaction score
Im dumping a bunch of money into My 66 Satellite, Rust free. going to be pulling the engine and every thing on the fire wall, so its get painted with the rest of the car. Thanks

20210811_183104.jpg 20210811_183036.jpg 20210811_183111.jpg 20210811_183046.jpg 20210811_183135.jpg 20210811_183026.jpg

Last edited:
Number one cause is the files are to large.

Lot of work removing trim! :thumbsup:Are you removing trim clips and buying new ones. The factory clips had little tabs so when you install the the trim they help prevent chipping the paint. Don't know if what's available now has those tabs. How's the fit on the driver's side corner near dutchman panel? Mine has at least a 3/8" gap, bet if I measured it could be a 1/2".

Lot of work removing trim! :thumbsup:Are you removing trim clips and buying new ones. The factory clips had little tabs so when you install the the trim they help prevent chipping the paint. Don't know if what's available now has those tabs. How's the fit on the driver's side corner near dutchman panel? Mine has at least a 3/8" gap, bet if I measured it could be a 1/2".
Yes have all new clips, that was fun finding them all, had bumpers straitened and Rechromed to the tune of 1800. Wow prices sure have climbed, all stainless has been polished. before we removed everything the gaps were all fine. Was hit once in the truck lid but i found a very nice trunk lid to replace it. I didn't want any bondo in it.

I bought mine in 1978 and had it painted in 81. You're doing a more thorough job and all at once. I removed all the trim and clips etc. I did the trunk when I bought the car, a little pitting from a leak. Sand blasted that area and painted trunk. Later painted door jambs then had the car painted. A few years later pulled the engine and did engine compartment. A bitch to get engine in without nicking anything.
Keep posting your progress! Good luck.

I bought mine in 1978 and had it painted in 81. You're doing a more thorough job and all at once. I removed all the trim and clips etc. I did the trunk when I bought the car, a little pitting from a leak. Sand blasted that area and painted trunk. Later painted door jambs then had the car painted. A few years later pulled the engine and did engine compartment. A bitch to get engine in without nicking anything.
Keep posting your progress! Good luck.
My painter is trying to get me to put it on a rotisserie. I think it will turn out ok with out the extra labor and cost. we will see after i pull the motor and trans.it is alot of work to do them like this. fenders and doors hood and trunk all get blasted, the body gets chemical stripped. I'll keep posting my progress. right know we are on hold do to a fire that is threating the area where the painter lives. What do you value your Car At Fran?

My painter is trying to get me to put it on a rotisserie. I think it will turn out ok with out the extra labor and cost. we will see after i pull the motor and trans.it is alot of work to do them like this. fenders and doors hood and trunk all get blasted, the body gets chemical stripped. I'll keep posting my progress. right know we are on hold do to a fire that is threating the area where the painter lives. What do you value your Car At Fran?
If you put it on a rotisserie with no doors you need to weld in braces otherwise you'll bend the in between the doors, rockers aren't strong enough.
Hagerty has a value program I use that. My car is a #3 on a 5 scale. Hard to put a real dollar number on it seen 2 sold since 2015 and they were 4 speed cars. They went for big bucks and were in 1 or high to condition. I have a good supply of NOS parts so the next owner can restore it right.

Auto Transport Service
Back