• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 76 Charger Pics

ezcook

Local time
12:32 PM
Reaction score
Here they are in all its glory.

- - - Updated - - -

Now I got her fired up for a sec then nothing...even a little starter fluid does nothing, damn lean burn system...if any body knows how to upgrade the system ect that will still pass Cali smog any info would be great, don't think the odds of finding a computer for her if it went out are good lol.

Attachments

• IMG_1935.jpg
    IMG_1935.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_1932.jpg
    IMG_1932.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_1927.jpg
    IMG_1927.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_1926.jpg
    IMG_1926.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_1925.jpg
    IMG_1925.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 212
By pass it by replacing it

Install a mopar performance electronic ignition system and you are done. It comes as a kit and is basically an ECU (brain box), big block electronic distributor (with vacuum advance), and associated wiring. You will need to remove/replace your fix timing lean burn distributor and wire it in along with your new ECU. Wiring diagrams should be provided in the kit. The previous owner did it with some OEM parts he had laying around on mine. I’m working on mine now and hope to be running soon.

Nice looking car you have there.

As far as emissions go… if set up and tuned right it should have better emissions than a goofed up shake and bake system (read lean burn). You may need to plug your vacuum advance and minimize your initial timing advance to pass.

- - - Updated - - -

elect_ign_wir.jpgYou do not need to replace your carb. Here is a pic of the wiring diagram I found.

Auto Transport Service
Back