• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Coronet turned 50 yesterday!

patrick66

Local time
5:59 PM
Reaction score
I had plans to go out with my younger son and go for a drive yesterday in my '66 500. The scheduled build date is 1 September 1965, so the car turned 50 years old yesterday! Checked the fluids, fired it off, and started backing out of the shop. Look out the front and saw a BIG puddle of ATF on the floor! A long drip trail led right up to the car. Damn it! I have been looking forward to this "birthday drive" for a long time! So, fifty feet out, fifty feet back on the car's 50th birthday.

Plans are after the weekend, to pull the transmission out and see what happened. I think it's the front seal that went bad, from the looks of things. I have a fresh 727 and a new converter that are going in, until I fix the original trans. I'm bummed it puked on me, but it'll be fine next week with the new and improved transmission.

Ain't that the truth!

Happy B day!:bday3::party::balloons::sFl_america2::sixpack:

now how about a Picture!

All that's left is dry dreams and wet farts from here on .

car group coronet01.jpg

BTW, the '66 Imperial parked next to it, turns 50 on Labor Day! Six days apart. Different plants, obviously!

I was going to say look at the bright side - At least she's a year younger than kiwigtx........

Auto Transport Service
Back