• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Custom 70 Charger Seats are almost done!

70ChargerRT

Local time
6:12 PM
Reaction score
I absolutely love the stock interior of a 70 Charger. I wanted to keep the inside looking as stock as possible with some better more comfortable front seats. I used legendary interior for all of my inside. I found 2 VW CC front non-memory power seats and had them reupholstered to resemble how the front seats were designed from the factory. Legendary sold me the material to make it happen. So now the front seats match the back. I debated back and forth going leather but in the end went with vinyl because this car gets driven and also gets loaded down with the family. So if any of the seats gets accidentally damaged I wont feel as bad. I don’t care if you love them or hate them, they are just perfect for me and I think my upholstery guy knocked it out of the park. The seat belt comes off and original seat belts are being used.

31D5C43E-F5E4-454E-B79C-D1243CB09CC2.jpeg

34B0EE79-2AD2-43C7-AC67-EA766D22265F.jpeg

Cool seats. Why don't you have a build thread for the whole car instead of starting individual threads? Doesn't matter really but it might be easier to follow your build.

70 Charger is my favorite of the G2 Chargers especially the RTs.

Cool seats. Why don't you have a build thread for the whole car instead of starting individual threads? Doesn't matter really but it might be easier to follow your build.

70 Charger is my favorite of the G2 Chargers especially the RTs.
I know. I’m a weekend warrior. The last 5 years I’ve been working 6-7 days a week away and I finally just got some weekends off. I may do that just ain’t had time to take pics In the past and stuff till now.

I know. I’m a weekend warrior. The last 5 years I’ve been working 6-7 days a week away and I finally just got some weekends off. I may do that just ain’t had time to take pics In the past and stuff till now.
I know what you mean, I am building a 71 Charger currently (which I have a build thread here) but I did my 73 Cuda which took years but I had a build thread on another forum. The build thread was pretty handy in that it allow others to follow but it also allowed me to go back and look at something I did or what I was thinking at the moment.

Either way, drive on and keep making progress.

Great looking seat I’m just wondering though… how do the seats fit on the charger?

I had these (srt) seats on my challenger, and my knees would touch the steering wheel and rub up against it because the base was pretty tall so I wasn’t able to drive (no tilt) but I also had the head rest you made a good move by removing the head rest.

Great looking seat I’m just wondering though… how do the seats fit on the charger?

I had these (srt) seats on my challenger, and my knees would touch the steering wheel and rub up against it because the base was pretty tall so I wasn’t able to drive (no tilt) but I also had the head rest you made a good move by removing the head rest.
I just picked up my seat brackets today. I had them made as close as possible to the floor as I could get them. Originally these brackets were taller and my knees would rub just a tad getting in and out. I think I ended up cutting 2” off or so I’m hoping that’ll do the trick which I’m thinking it will. Besides that they fit real good. This pic is before I cut the brackets down.

0757FB96-50F1-491A-AB58-32AFF8DA3FF4.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back