• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My dad’s 1974 Dodge Coronet Custom

Magnum_Pi

Local time
11:32 AM
Reaction score
So after many years of looking and a few more years with negotiations I finally got my hands on my dads old car. The car he owned when I was born and that I grew up in.

Sadly it’s been of the road since 89 when he sold it(freshly painted and in good condition). And the last 23 years it’s been outside so it’s a little worse for wear.

Since this is a extremely rare car in Norway, I am looking for some help here to find some body panels and well, pretty much anything for this.

It has a bit of rust, but for the most part I can fix it. But it has a pretty big hole in the rear quarter panel on the drivers side in the back Korneliussen over the bumper.
So a that is a piece I would like to find new.

Any tips on where replacement parts can be found?

As for future plans for this car.. first it’s to get all rust gone and get it technically good again. The use it for a few years before a full respray.
I would like to lower it a smidge and get some nice 16-17” rims on it to fill the arches nicely.

As for engine.. well it still runs and sounds amazing. So the 318 will get some love.. maybe a “police” setup for a little more power.

IMG_2593.jpeg

Here you can see the rust hole in the back corner.

IMG_2602.jpeg

IMG_2591.jpeg

IMG_2590.jpeg

That car looks good. You might see if someone in Normway can fabricate a piece of metal to fill that rust hole. This webite and moparts.com are good places to look for parts.

Magnum, Good Luck with Your project, and I Admire Your Dedication !!!

Welcome. Nice car and nice story as well. Keep your determination as you go along... you'll need it. A 318 can be made to run very well, been there, done that. Keep as much original metal possible, may be difficult to find replacement. Fillers ? You may want to consider relocating bumpers inward, not sure about availability on those.

Welcome. Nice car and nice story as well. Keep your determination as you go along... you'll need it. A 318 can be made to run very well, been there, done that. Keep as much original metal possible, may be difficult to find replacement. Fillers ? You may want to consider relocating bumpers inward, not sure about availability on those.
Yeah I have read some pieces on the 318, so I do believe it will give plenty after some playing around with it.
This is not meant to be a street rocket, more of a cruiser, but with a little extra pull :)

I am thinking of maybe making a plate so the rear quarter goes more flush with the bumper, and pulling the bumper in a little.

I am thinking of maybe making a plate so the rear quarter goes more flush with the bumper, and pulling the bumper in a little.
Fillers may be difficult to locate. Try Murray Park for that. On the bumpers, you can gut the energy absorbers, measure/cut/shorten/weld to fit the opening as needed.

Auto Transport Service
Back