• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My daughter sent this VERY important warning for dog owners.

SteveSS

Local time
11:47 PM
Reaction score
She's a nurse at a vet hospital. Mysterious dog respiratory illness- nationwide. Symptoms mimic kennel cough, but the cough is wet. See your vet immediately!! AVOID dog parks, dog daycare shared water bowls.

Kylie said it's been going on since summer but the media is just starting to report it. It's very serious.

IMG_4293.jpeg

Our dog Lucy had it. She coughed funny and had very bad breath for about 10 days. She lost a bit of her appetite. All better now.

Thanks so much for the notice!
I have 4 dogs, but they all stay together and don't mingle with others.

Thanks so much for the notice!
I have 4 dogs, but they all stay together and don't mingle with others.
Same here.
Also learned another painful lesson the other day.
Don't let you dog eat rubber balls, or pieces of rubber balls.
Surgery is expensive!!!

Same here.
Also learned another painful lesson the other day.
Don't let you dog eat rubber balls, or pieces of rubber balls.
Surgery is expensive!!!
Vet has recommended Metamucil before for lodged stuff in dogs before and gratefully it worked.
I've had a lifetime of vigilance trying to keep dogs from chewing up stuff they shouldn't have. Brightly colored "rubber" balls, toys, etc make for adding a touch of beauty to an otherwise gross pile of poo or puddle of barf...

Yes, our girl ate about a pound of Hershey kisses in the foil! Had to pick out tin foil out of poop in the yard for a few days.:rofl:
IMG_4158.jpeg

Wow! Your lucky as I've heard chocolate is toxic for dogs.
It probably is, but milk chocolate is less toxic. Even still, she was up all night huffing and puffing.

My buddy had a chocolate lab the would litterly steal gallon buckets of chocolate ice cream out of the freezer and eat the whole thing. By the third bucket he added a child lock or something to the door. Dog was a knucklehead but he fetched ducks no matter what.

My buddy had a chocolate lab the would litterly steal gallon buckets of chocolate ice cream out of the freezer and eat the whole thing. By the third bucket he added a child lock or something to the door. Dog was a knucklehead but he fetched ducks no matter what.
lol, a pooch with hands.

My buddy had a chocolate lab the would litterly steal gallon buckets of chocolate ice cream out of the freezer and eat the whole thing
Coincidence? :lol:
I'd be willing to bet the ice cream could have been just about ANY flavor and met the same end!

Speaking of Chocolate Labs, here's a snapshot in time from this afternoon, when I was taking a break from my day.
This is the male 2 year old puppy, Korben, being extra lovable...
20231201_124416.jpg

His sister is Leeloo, and I have Tony and Laney, both Lab mix mutts, and of course Sue E. Pig, the 40 pound adult mini-pig.

Auto Transport Service
Back