• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My dog got bit by a RATTLESNAKE yesterday

hope all will be well.......

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 226
Thanks

Sorry to hear about Sir Budnicks snake encounter. Hope he feels better soon. Here's a pic of my buddy Gunner. He goes just about everywhere with me , and he's a great hunting companion.

You have a great looken young boy there...

Thanks

I have a chocolate Lab also. I'll tell ya what will make him feel better.

Just about any kind of lunchmeat
Ice Cream (Vanilla)
Ground Beef
Mash Potatoes and Gravy
Spaghetti of any kind
Just about any kind of soup
Beef Stew

Seriously, I really hope he's ok.

Thanks he's doing much better today, I think you listed all of Buddy's favorites there...LOL... they do love there food/treats... I give him his pills wrapped in sliced roast beef, Buddy loves buttermilk biscuits too, he's been eating a few of them, I still have to break them up, but they are allot easier to chew than his kibble...

Nooo!
Poor "Lord Budnicks" ...Nooo!
Well, the bright side: God gave DOGS a special immune system to cope and handle these unfortunate issues. Now, this does not minimalize the injury at all. a snake Rattler bite is a serious injury.
I am praying that he will pull through.
Gosh, a Rattler bite is bad enough for a human! Chances are it was a young snake, frightned by Buddy. The young ones bite first as oppesed to the more patient senior snakes.
God Bless to you and Buddy!
KEEP US POSTED...
"Super-bee_ski"

Thanks

Oh man, sorry to hear about 'ol Budnicks. I really hope he pulls out of this OK. Labs are great dogs and I'm sure this guy is as good as they come.

Thanks for all the well wishes, from everyone, for my beloved "Lord Budnicks" aka Buddy, he is doing much, much better today, allot of the massive swelling went down overnight, he's kind of eating better {well at least he's eating something} & drinking plenty of water, he's been kind of puechy & gagging allot, because all the crap from the injury/bite are oozing/draining inside his mouth, yuck, I'm sure it's nasty... Don't worry everyone, he is absolutely spoiled rotten, he's an old dog, he's my everyday companion, alway at my side, no matter what I'm doing or how bad he feels, he's a great old dog, but old Buddy seems to be really strong & very resilient, my Vet/VDM Alex Erickson did a great job, I'm sure Buddy has a few rough days ahead still, I think & hope he will pull thru in the long run, He is doing so much better now... Again, my deepest Thanks, to everyone, for your all the caring words & well wishes, we have such a great batch of people here on FBBO..

Good to hear !
Dogs are special ( Newfy here).
Its been a tough go for you but keep your head high and keep plowing ahead.
Wish you the best of luck in these coming months !

Buddy & my view out my back porch

I'm trying to figure out my POS digital camera, but here are some photos of today, property off my back porch & Buddy, he's almost acting normal, well normal for a lab...LOL... in the 3rd photo of him you can see that his muzzle still swollen, but all of a sudden he wants to play, with his Elmo, he has many toys, that is only one of probably 15 or more....

Attachments

• Back property #1.jpg
    Back property #1.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 199
  • Buddy #1 July 20 2012.JPG
    Buddy #1 July 20 2012.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 229
  • Buddy #2 July 20 2012.JPG
    Buddy #2 July 20 2012.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 216
  • Buddy #3 July 20 2012.JPG
    Buddy #3 July 20 2012.JPG
    165.2 KB · Views: 244
  • Buddy #4 July 20 2012.JPG
    Buddy #4 July 20 2012.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 225
Hate to hear that. Labs are pretty resilient. I have 2 that are brothers and they sure become part of the family.

"Lord Budnicks" say thank you to all his loyal subjects...LOL... Thanks

Glad the Big Fella is doing great

Happy to hear the big guy is doing well!! It's always great to see how much people love their dogs. Not matter how much crap we deal with in life someone just wants to hang out with you and be happy and have fun. How cool is that.

On another note for anyone who is interested, certain non venemous snakes mock rattlers etc. These are used to train dogs to fear them and stay away. They hiss and mimic rattle sounds and strike just the same so it hurts like hell. A great way to teach your dog to stay away. Law enforcement, search and rescue etc in many areas use them with great success.

Great news to hear he is doing fine,you know what you get when you spell dog backwards.LOL

Hang in there brother, August can only be better....

Last edited:
Glad to hear that he is doing better.

I'm amazed how good he's doing actually, seeing him the other day, I though he was a gonner for sure... you got to love the strength of their immune systems... Just amazing, even for a 14 y/o dog

Glad to hear he is on the mend and doing better. I have a rescue pit/ridgeback mix from New Orleans after hurricane Katrina - she was picked up literally swimming for her life. So far this dog has swallowed a corn cob (had to be removed), swallowed a peach pit (had to be removed), stung by a scorpion, ran through a bunch of broken glass, and stung by many a wasp. I cringe everytime I see the bill, but as soon as I get her back, I forget all about it.

Attachments

• Tyche.jpg
    Tyche.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 183
Auto Transport Service
Back