• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My first Mopar

nutz4spd

Local time
3:37 PM
Reaction score
I'm eyeing my first Mopar, my dream car at any rate. It's a 1962 Dodge Dart. Now, some things about this car confuse me. The owner states it is a fuel injected 413 and a 4 spd. No, it is not a MaxWedge 413. The motor more looks like a 361 or 318 carbed motor in the pictures to me. The car is 3 hours from me so I haven't been able to look at it in person yet. From what I have read some did have fuel injection, but a lot were eventually swapped back to a carb setup. Maybe this one used to be and has since been swapped, idk... It's a 4 door on top of that. The side of the car says Dart but the rear quarter "fins" more look like the big rectangular emblem from a Polara. Did any Darts have this on them or did all of the Darts have the molded ripple in the rear quarter and the only the Polara had the emblem looking one??

Factory fuel injection on a 413? Any pictures?

I'm eyeing my first Mopar, my dream car at any rate. It's a 1962 Dodge Dart. Now, some things about this car confuse me. The owner states it is a fuel injected 413 and a 4 spd. No, it is not a MaxWedge 413. The motor more looks like a 361 or 318 carbed motor in the pictures to me. The car is 3 hours from me so I haven't been able to look at it in person yet. From what I have read some did have fuel injection, but a lot were eventually swapped back to a carb setup. Maybe this one used to be and has since been swapped, idk... It's a 4 door on top of that. The side of the car says Dart but the rear quarter "fins" more look like the big rectangular emblem from a Polara. Did any Darts have this on them or did all of the Darts have the molded ripple in the rear quarter and the only the Polara had the emblem looking one??
post the pics you have.. would clear up a lot...
BTW... 318 distributor is in the back.. 361 is a big block with the dist in the front...

To me it looks like a 361 but what do I know.

engine.png

Sounds like the owned remembers the old song about the the race between "the Fuel Injected Stingray and The 413", and got confused....

A RB aka 413 426W 440 will have a square pad on the block by the distributor about 2x2'' and have stampings/numbers
The B engine aka 361 383 400 does not have this pad.(there are others but we won't get into it)
As far as the quarter molding after 60 years anything could be added or removed.
Nice car. For the right price I'd go for it.

Looks like two fuel lines back on the firewall going to the air cleaner area. Could be an added after market fuel injection system. Not factory.

What do you guys think a 4 door like this would be worth? Usually two doors are more sought after.

Yeah. When I want to buy something, it is made of pure 14K solid gold. When I want to sell something, it seems to be made of pure 100% solid fecal material...

What do you guys think a 4 door like this would be worth? Usually two doors are more sought after.
No idea.... i WAY overpayed for my car.. like by double.. it comes down to how much you want it. if it's as nice as it looks and the underside is solid (Check the trans cross member around the torsion bars!) 6-8k running/driving... if it were a 2door i would say 12-15 in my area..

P.S. i could be way off though. the market is insane.. i just looked at some sites and saw ones ranging from 7k-15k for a 4 door... And 2 doors going for WAY higher for stuff that isn't special..

Didn't Chrysler mess around with fuel injection in that time period?

Not that it means much but it looks to have a hp exhaust manifold on the passenger side.

Auto Transport Service
Back