• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My new project- B-Body-72 SSP

73SwingerDart

Local time
7:55 PM
Reaction score
Well I have been looking for a specific B-body type and holding out on a few that I have looked at due to rust, price or wrong year. This weekend "the one" poped up for sale and I went to look at it. Its a 72 Satellite Sebring Plus with 400, bucket seats. I agreed to buy it and I pick it up Tuesday. It has been in storage since 2007 and off the road since the 80's.
I will post more pictures once I get it home.
Todd in Tulsa WP952014083195002.jpg00r0r_4IceMIYmHdL_600x450.jpg00W0W_hxUTz80IBYi_600x450.jpg

Congrats! Looks like it's in really good shape! Looking forward to seeing more pics!

Agreed, 72 is a good year for the B Bodies (love that bumper). Congrats

IMG_0275 (Large).jpgI'm a little partial to 72 SSP myself!!!

Nice find! Great job waiting until you found the "right one". Post some more pics when you get a chance. I've been working on 72 SSP and trying to finish it up soon.

Just looking at the engine it looks as clean (not changed much) as can be for one off the road for some time, looks like a great project and that's a cool piece of work waiting on "the one" waiting when you want one real bad is sometimes harder then the restoration itself man! Good luck and congrats to you!!!

Looks like a great starting point. Solid, big block, air conditioning. :yaayy:

Got it home safely and got the 8 year old gas out of the gas tank. Gas tank is new and all exhaust is new. Put new gas in and battery and she runs GREAT. Havent drove it yet due to the 1982 liscene tag. Tilte was original! Got two sets of interior, two sets of exterior trim, tons of brackets and miscillanious stuff and a set of 14 ralleys. PO pulled engine and had rebuilt with Edelbrock performance kit (cam, timing chain, intake carb). Front end was all sand blastef and painted and rebuilt, new busings, shocks and all new rotors, calipars shocks.

Certainly sounds like you did get the right one!, Looks like a lot of things most of us has to deal with getting a new project car are done already for you with all the new stuff, Good luck!!!

Yea, really nice list of already done stuff. Good place to start!

Definitely a sweet ride. Please feel free to PM me if you run into any problems. I have a few of these 71-72 cars. Please keep the pictures coming.

20140908_192441_resized.jpg20140908_192622_resized.jpg20140909_143811_resized.jpg20140909_143738_resized.jpgThanks for all the help with the grill and brackets from another "HELP" post I made. Finally had time to figure it out and I got it all painted and put together!

This is a great body style for a car, one of Ma Mopars best for sure! Looks like you have some strong armed help there and you sure made a killer good look on your grill, i wouldn't mind having one hanging on my wall, i love the looks!!! Have fun, great project :)

Looking for some feeback on ordering replacement carpet.
I want to order carpet but I do not see one offered with "bucket seats and console"
They offer "4 speed bucket seats with console"and just "automatic molded carpet" is the only other offering.
Has anyone ordered carpet kits and what did you do for the hump/console? Was the kit cut out for this area?
Mine is 72 SSP with bucket seat and floor shift Slap Stic with console. I want the plush pile not the 80/20 loop.
Year One only offers the 80/20 loop.
Thanks.

Auto Transport Service
Back