• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Newest purchased , not mopar but a bastard adopted step child . 31 NASH rat rod

Sweet car. Should be a lot of fun.

I run a number of the old hemis. I have a 392 that I put in a '56 Plymouth, a 354 ready for a '57 Dodge truck, and I had a 392 in a '68 Barracuda (in 1985 that I recently pulled out). I am planning to eventually put a 331 into my '70 wagon too. They are great motors, but I highly recommend replacing as much of the old parts with new aluminum stuff. The reason is that the old castings are quite thick and heavy. A stock 4bbl manifold weighs a lot more than you would think from looking at it. Also you should spend the money on aluminum heads from www.hothemiheads.com. They DO make a big difference to your handling ability because all that weight sits quite high up on the motor. The original weight is around 720 lbs, but after replacing the water pump, crossover, generator, heads and intake with aluminum, the old hemi will weigh about as much as a stock 350 motor.

I probably could also set you up with a motor, but I am too far away to make it worth your while.
My392hemi.jpg 68CudaHemi.jpg

way cool grill emblem

well i couldnt stop my self had to buy this one
I have always been in love with the old dodge brothers winged emblem

Nash one looks almost a little two THIRD REICH ish but its still pretty cool
this will be going on the grille shell somewhere

Attachments

• nash 26.JPG
    nash 26.JPG
    103.5 KB · Views: 249
well i couldnt stop my self had to buy this one
I have always been in love with the old dodge brothers winged emblem

Nash one looks almost a little two THIRD REICH ish but its still pretty cool
this will be going on the grille shell somewhere
i think it will add a subtle sinister accent to her!

Cool!! I see a mouse but no rat :D. As far as rat rods go, I've had a problem with that term ever since it got coined. Real 'rat' rods were junk rods but growing up in the 50's I remember seeing a few real hot rods around. They were usually done up to be mechanically sound but looked like crap because of the money was spent getting the thing together right and didn't 'waste' money on looks. They were real hot rods and most were fast. Yeah, there were the wanna bees that cobbed their cars together and they looked the part but they usually ran like crap not to mention for long. Those were the real rat rods and were pieces of crap and dangerous. There were a few really nice hot rods around and looked show quality but those belonged to the rich kids and were built by someone else for them....kinda like it is even today lol. Not sure what I might do if I were to build what I call an old school hot rod and someone called it a rat. Mine would be like the ones from the late 40's early 50's and done right, ran fast and hard but looked like it was build by someone who knew what they were doing but just didn't have the money for the fluff. A true hot rod and no rat about it! :)

View attachment 89141love you greenie
no doubt in my mind................
love you greenie

- - - Updated - - -

another new purchase trying to get a branding on the car so people know its a nash , plus that steering wheel is huge

- - - Updated - - -

another new purchase trying to get a branding on the car so people know its a nash , plus that steering wheel is huge

Stuart Very cool project the 31 Nash is cool & not the obligitory 32 Ford, IMHO they are the Camaro/Mustang of the Hot Rod/Street Rod world, it's cool to have something different... I'm with Cranky it's just a "Hot Rod" not a "rat rod", replacing the SBC with any of the early Hemi's should make it look great, maybe some stance or wheels & tire changes too... Anyway great score, good luck & have fun...

Stuart Very cool project the 31 Nash is cool & not the obligitory 32 Ford, IMHO they are the Camaro/Mustang of the Hot Rod/Street Rod world, it's cool to have something different... I'm with Cranky it's just a "Hot Rod" not a "rat rod", replacing the SBC with any of the early Hemi's should make it look great, maybe some stance or wheels & tire changes too... Anyway great score, good luck & have fun...

could be but around here i would not be welcome in this at a hot rod shows , those guys are like corvette owners around here they have to be perfect, so i will definatly fit in more with the rat rod group here . Plus i hope to find a good running old hemi that looks really nasty and rusty and greasy and gunky . and just toss it in her patina and all, but that all depends on what i find

....Plus i hope to find a good running old hemi that looks really nasty and rusty and greasy and gunky . and just toss it in her patina and all, but that all depends on what i find

This is what a good running original 354 looks like. Is this the kind of patina you are looking for? :)

100_9961.jpg

could be but around here i would not be welcome in this at a hot rod shows , those guys are like corvette owners around here they have to be perfect, so i will definatly fit in more with the rat rod group here . Plus i hope to find a good running old hemi that looks really nasty and rusty and greasy and gunky . and just toss it in her patina and all, but that all depends on what i find

Yeah, that You must have Chrome & Billet Everything $100K show car, Someone else Built "Street Rodder" Crowd can be a fickled bunch for sure, I know a few of them... It doesn't mean **** but, In my opinion it's a good old 50's style Hot Rod, Rat Rods are usually more cobbled together rusty looking "red headed step child's" of the Hot Rods type crowds {a sub group so to speak}, ment to be that way, I don't think your looks like that, the Street Rodder crowd are just usually show boats most all of the time, a completely different group for sure IMHO... I been around all three groups, personally I'll take the Hot Rod group myself, more down to home/earth not so **** retentive as the Street Rodder Crowd, & the Hot Rods are driven regularly too & IMHO a little cleaner looking cars than the Rat Rod crowd cars, all thou I do like many of the so called Rat Rods, some have great ingenuity & forethought, but are sometimes just as impractical Street Rodder crowd show cars, I do like looking at allot of them also thou, just not the same as a good old Hot Rod.... If that explains it any better... But> My Opinions & $1.50, will only get ya a cup of Coffee at Bob's Big Boys too... Have fun, do your own thing & screw the rest..

I found a car in CA I think its a Chrysler with a 331 Hemi in it. What could the HP out put be in one of the motors?

I really can't wait to see a Hemi motor between the rails and hear how she runs!

Good luck with it Stuart! I hope you do find a great running but greasy HEMI powered engine your looking for.

darn greenies!!! where's the blue pride??

Attachments

• GTX Exterior (51).jpg
    GTX Exterior (51).jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 253
Auto Transport Service
Back