• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My personal best

I'm not being critical, I just looked closely at the time slip and noticed.
Sheesh! I've been posting about my piss poor 60ft times and lack of traction for a while, but thanks to experienced forum members who actually care enough to help me out with advice, I have changed my mind about getting a triangulated 4 link and I'm going to a full Caltracs setup.
Between that, my complete new front suspension, and new Wilwood disc brakes, and as soon as I can get the Hydramax hydraulic throwout bearing and HitMaster launch control installed, I should have a much better time at the track.
Sure laying down some nice numbers just as it is. Very good outing Tintoy!
Thanks just trying to find whatever the car has in it . Just like everyone else.
-.1171 RED LT
I was wondering why the 1/2 second slower time won...

Thanks just trying to find whatever the car has in it . Just like everyone else.
Yea sometimes I get in a hurry. Test and tune day so I wasn't concentrating on the lights as I should.

Sheesh! I've been posting about my piss poor 60ft times and lack of traction for a while, but thanks to experienced forum members who actually care enough to help me out with advice, I have changed my mind about getting a triangulated 4 link and I'm going to a full Caltracs setup.
Between that, my complete new front suspension, and new Wilwood disc brakes, and as soon as I can get the Hydramax hydraulic throwout bearing and HitMaster launch control installed, I should have a much better time at the track.
---
I didn't have the best results with my cal trac set up but then again, I just had QA1 dble adj. shocks and I am sure that was the problem. Hope yours works out better for you. I did get a couple of 138 60's with the cal tracs though.
Can't see in this picture but I do have some where daylight shows under the rear tires. I sure don't miss that crazy separation.
IMG_5348.PNG

If you have a standard style manual valve body it takes about 600-700 rpm to complete the 1/2 shift. Anout 200-300 rpm to complete the 2/3 shift. I've checked this fact many times over the years with tach replay. So you are already around 7400 1/2, 7000 2/3. My bet is it may like lower rpm.
Doug

---
I didn't have the best results with my cal trac set up but then again, I just had QA1 dble adj. shocks and I am sure that was the problem. Hope yours works out better for you. I did get a couple of 138 60's with the cal tracs though.
Can't see in this picture but I do have some where daylight shows under the rear tires. I sure don't miss that crazy separation.
View attachment 866954
I saw the video of your car doing the bunny hop. Lol I hope to never have that problem. If I get unhappy with the caltacs i will switch to ladder bars also.

If you have a standard style manual valve body it takes about 600-700 rpm to complete the 1/2 shift. Anout 200-300 rpm to complete the 2/3 shift. I've checked this fact many times over the years with tach replay. So you are already around 7400 1/2, 7000 2/3. My bet is it may like lower rpm.
Doug
Thanks for the info, I didn't know that. I tried shifting at lower rpm and the car slowed down. I had set the shift points lower to run a 6.50 race and forgot to raise them at test n tune.

Good luck sounds like you should pick up some.

Auto Transport Service
Back