• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My quest for water

To the OP - nothing wrong with trying to look after your health, I wish more did, but if you need to drink tap water for a few months you'll be fine, your arteries won't harden up overnight, and you can get back to the distilled water when everything gets back to normal. Just relax and go with the flow.
Oh i know. Its just that i've become so accustomed to distilled now, that tap tastes like chalk to me. Plus, i'm not thrilled about all the other funk thats in it. As a couple people mentioned, i could always boil it, and catch the condensation. I think the main problem i've had is with my closest kroger grocery. Its a smaller outdated version. I think their supply truck comes less frequently. I was there today. The trip wasn't worth the exposure. As they were out of rice, tp, eggs, bread, pasta, very little meat. I found everything i needed at another store. I also noticed it, and the homer depot by it, were both busy as usual.

Distilled water... what goes in my radiator with antifreeze. If it's good for a Mopar.. well.. maybe it's good for a human, but I doubt it.

Aarons...I have to totally disagree with the video and your take on this whole subject. Drinking Distilled H2O may be your choice, but most here rely on the god ol' tap H2O or well H2O
Where I live I have H2O that comes from City Wells. I had to install an H2O softener because of the Calcium amount and other hard minerals that were of acceptable amounts but left a sour taste when used for cooking drinking and bathing. I also installed a H2O drinking purifier for tap water which is separate from the sink tap. I have great H2O now and my ice maker has some very clean results as well. Now I do use Distilled H2O for a medical reason. I have sleep Apnea and have a CPAP machine that requires Distilled H2O. With all this BS of hording H2O taking place, I am having a very difficult time getting distilled because shoppers...and yes you too...are buying more than you really need. Now I get it about your desire. But in fact you are exploiting and looking at only yourself and not the big picture. I have many survival skills acquired from my Boy Scout days and the USAF. Have you ever heard of Hali-zone tablets or Iodine tablets which help with having cleaner drinking H2O??? Boiling H2O will clear out a tremendous amount of impurities and yes even home distilling. So my suggestion for you is to get back down to Earth and not think that your so called video is accurate and gospel and others should follow suit. By your own admission you are subscribing to nothing more than Snake Oil propaganda...IMHFO. I also notice that you live there in Dayton Ohio. I also lived in that area when stationed at WPAFB. The local H2O isn't all that great there either. But I still consumed it and I ain't pissin' bricks of mineral deposits because of it. As a final option...get a Life Straw. Far better than a measly video...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:
I shut the heater off and don't use water in my CPAP in the winter months. The air gets to dry going threw it with out water in the summer time and dries my mouth out. It works for me but may not for you.

If its river water maybe. Our water comes from deep wells.

recently got a new one...... just paid for all my water in one shot

20190919_121028 (1).jpg

20190919_121016.jpg

I just turn on the faucet in the kitchen. drinking no water is worse than fluoride

I shut the heater off and don't use water in my CPAP in the winter months. The air gets to dry going threw it with out water in the summer time and dries my mouth out. It works for me but may not for you.
I would but with my condition, I need the humidity for a full face mask otherwise I dry out and then my nose bleeds like Niagara Falls. I do have a stand alone humidifier I suppose I could also run in place of the CPAP one...cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:

I would but with my condition, I need the humidity for a full face mask otherwise I dry out and then my nose bleeds like Niagara Falls. I do have a stand alone humidifier I suppose I could also run in place of the CPAP one...cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:
Yes you had better use the humidifier. I use just a nasal mask with oxygen. Until it warms up the oxygen is more important than the humidifier.

I'm in Jersey....... I just tell myself the water kills all the germs

My company among other things replaces watermains in NYC. If you saw what the inside of the watermains we replace look like you would never drink tap water again. NYC water says its one of the best around…. Not from what i see.

Auto Transport Service
Back