• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My recent purchase.

Ghostrider 67

Jack Stand Racer #6..and proud of it!
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:08 AM
Reaction score
Finally broke down and spent the money on a tractor. My budget was $5000 bucks and it had to have at least 40 HP and a bucket loader. I wanted 4WD too but had to let that go as they were all to much. So I found this 1968 McCormick International 434 that is one that was made in England. It has issues but nothing I cant handle. $4500 was the right price as well. I am just using it to move manure from the sheep and two donkeys, nothing earth shattering. In the spring I'll buy a used brush hog and clear some more pasture from our 11 acres. Here's some pics of it on my buddy's trailer behind my old Ford truck. The thing weighs 3800 plus pounds and was about the limit for both the truck and trailer. Fun thing happened as I went to drive away with the thing. The brake line going to the rear "T" on the axle housing blew out. Wheeeeeee. After lying on the dirt for a few I decided to just pinch closed the metal line end and fold it over on itself and clamp the thing closed with a pair of 4" vise grips. Went on the front brakes alone, 40 miles through the mountains. We get within a mile of home and the exhaust fell off of the Ford. Not kidding. We made a lot of noise for a mile or so. lol. The tractor is 43 HP and has some out of square loader frame issues where some idiot tried to rig it when it broke. I'll fix that in the spring with all new steel framing. The tractor itself is in great running shape and strong. A couple of hydraulic seals in the valve body of the loader controls need to ne replaced and a couple of hoses too. So all in all no big deal. It's a diesel tractor which is what I wanted too. The rear tires are worn but still usable and the brakes work well but could use an adjustment. This how you have to buy stuff when your a poor retired soldier. lol.

WP_20161110_16_31_37_Pro.jpg WP_20161110_16_31_24_Pro.jpg WP_20161110_16_31_14_Pro.jpg WP_20161110_16_31_02_Pro.jpg WP_20161112_11_42_19_Pro.jpg

Cool. Gotta love tools....large or small. I could put that to use around my place.

Cool. Gotta love tools....large or small. I could put that to use around my place.
Yeah, you could use it this winter for digging out your driveway after the snow plow plows a wall of snow at the end of your driveway.

Ghost!
So very cool!
A 68' McCormick IH!
tractor are so cool!
We watch the RFD channel often, we love the Tractor Auctions
Is it Diesel or Gas?

Diesel and yes I will finally plow my own snow instead of patiently waiting for a kind neighbor to get to me. Might be plowing theirs this year.

Nice International. Does it have fluid in the rear tires? If not you might think about adding some weight to the rear to move snow. We used a 55 gallon barrel filled with rocks and concrete with some brackets welded on to mount to the 3 point hitch. Easier to take on and off than wheel weights. Good luck, have fun playing in the snow.

This Democrat thinks you made a good purchase. I could keep one busy for a while around my house.

Nice International. Does it have fluid in the rear tires? If not you might think about adding some weight to the rear to move snow. We used a 55 gallon barrel filled with rocks and concrete with some brackets welded on to mount to the 3 point hitch. Easier to take on and off than wheel weights. Good luck, have fun playing in the snow.
No fluid. I am looking for a used barrel for that purpose.

Just now went across the road and up a 1/4 mile to help my neighbor with his brush burning project. He has been cutting and burning for a week now and I noticed he had 6 big piles of stuff spread out on the field about 20 feet between piles. He's burning one pile at a time. I drove up and asked if he would like to have them all pushed into the one that was burning? Hell yes! He replied. Took 5 minutes. Saved him a week of fooling around. Really it was just an excuse to get on the tractor..lol.

Very nice! I finally had to break down and buy a new tractor this year, my old New Holland was getting long in the tooth and didn't have the power to get the jobs done I needed. If you have some land and some livestock it is pretty easy to justify the expense. Doing tractor work is a real treat for me, cant hear the phone and nobody bothers you when you are a 1/4 mile out in a pasture. It is a good excuse to light up a cigar or two as well.

Cool vintage tractor :thumbsup:

congrats, nice score

Nice tractor. Looks like it's in decent shape for the $. I like the old international tractors and trucks.

Auto Transport Service
Back