• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Son Just Bought a Mopar

Dave6T4

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:47 PM
Reaction score
My son called the other day day to tell me he bought an old Mopar. After he sold his '59 Savoy project a couple of years ago, I was glad to hear that he was back in the hobby again. But, this one is quite different. 1968 Chrysler Courier 229 17' bow-rider. It is powered by a '70's era Mercury 850 Thunderbolt 85 hp 2-stroke. It came with 2 trailers; the original Chrysler one and a newer, easier loading one. This was a divorce sale; the ex-wife didn't want it around any more, and my son practically stole it.

20220520_094655.jpg Screenshot_20220521-150228_Facebook.jpg 20220521_150259.jpg 20220520_095033.jpg 20220520_095331.jpg

Neat old boat. Chrysler built some pretty cool ones back then.

Nice looking boat. I remember when the open bow walk through windshields were real popular. The two best days as a boat owner is the day you buy and the day you sell it.

Can I call it a "Sea-Body"?

received_1458895441226667.jpg

It looks like somebody took care of it. My son bought it for his younger kids to enjoy and go fishing. His mother-in-law's house on the outskirts of Sarnia has beach access on Lake Huron.

Last edited:
My son is a Captain with Mississauga Fire Services. I told him I was going to call him Captain Highliner, now. He was not impressed.

Billy : Have you ever been lost at sea, Captain Highliner?

Captain Highliner : No, Billy. But I've been blown ashore many a time!

Cool boat ! Be a nice 1000 Islands fishing platform, and the B5 interior looks Great !!!

I like it a LOT! If your son should ever divorce, make sure and give your daughter-in-law my contact info.

My son called last night to say that he got the Merc fired up. He said that once it got all the storage oil blown out of it, it settled down and ran like a champ. He said he paid $1400. 00 for the whole shebang. They will have a lot of fun and adventures for cheap $$$.

My son called last night to say that he got the Merc fired up. He said that once it got all the storage oil blown out of it, it settled down and ran like a champ. He said he paid $1400. 00 for the whole shebang. They will have a lot of fun and adventures for cheap $$$.
Here you would be lucky to get a 14 car topper with a 9hp for that money.

Auto Transport Service
Back