• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My uncles gtx hemi - tell me more about it?

Welcome - great story. My buddy has one of the TF cars - B-5 blue. It's beautiful. He's had it since '83.

d0n1- great story. Bought mine before I went in,still have it, first total repaint next month. Sadly not a hemi.

IMG_1109.JPG

Blade, yup, swing out back glass. Coupe.
That's awesome Bee. Post Coupe 68, 69 b bods are my favorite. Sure wish i would have hung on to my 68 Post Coupe Coronet as much as i wish i had not sold my Mangusta.

d0n1, sorry for your loss. I own a '69 HEMI GTX and in my research I found that there were 198 HEMI GTX's built in '69,
99 automatic, 99 4-speed. Nobody knows how many are left. Your story does give hope that I can be that Uncle and Great Uncle to my nieces and nephews with my GTX.

I'm very surprised that there were so few. Sure seemed like more at the time.

Hopefully your uncles car didn't meet the crusher. Hemis are rare and a sight to be seen if not raced against. Fewer than 200 made in 69 that's interesting. I would have thought there would have been more as well. They were about $500 more when new - I would have sprung for either an a12 or a Hemi if I had the money back then. I bought my 440 2 years later in 71 - it was a 68. Even by then the Hemi was a legend. Hope you piece together more of your Uncles legacy and post here.

Welcome to the forum by the way - glad you joined the site.

Hopefully your uncles car didn't meet the crusher. Hemis are rare and a sight to be seen if not raced against. Fewer than 200 made in 69 that's interesting. I would have thought there would have been more as well. They were about $500 more when new - I would have sprung for either an a12 or a Hemi if I had the money back then. I bought my 440 2 years later in 71 - it was a 68. Even by then the Hemi was a legend. Hope you piece together more of your Uncles legacy and post here.

Welcome to the forum by the way - glad you joined the site.
Hell, Hemi was already legend before the 426.

Auto Transport Service
Back