• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mystery part ID

Details on that? Because i can get the block… not original in it now
The 400 blocks with casting number ending with 230 and cast date before 11/10/71 are the heavy main blocks. The strongest BB block that they made for production. I sold one years ago for 600.00 The numbers block should stay with the car.

Damn Mark yours was really early it even got 71 Fenders!! :lol: :poke:
It was just the right one. Must have been their last one. :rofl:

DCP_3486.jpg

The 400 blocks with casting number ending with 230 and cast date before 11/10/71 are the heavy main blocks. The strongest BB block that they made for production. I sold one years ago for 600.00 The numbers block should stay with the car.
Is the casting number on the block, passenger side just below the deck?

The casting number is on both sides but the casting date is on the drivers side. Also there is a pad on the drivers side front of the block in front of the head that should have some stampings such as 400 HP and the motors assembly date. Then pass side down on the side of the block right above the oil pan is another pad that should have the last eight of the cars vin number which is what makes it the numbers matching block.
1702356125393.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back