• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

N96 hood question

69SBeeWM23

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:28 AM
Reaction score
Is there a difference between the 1968 and 69 N96 hoods? It looks to me like the front comes down lower over the grill on a 69.

There wasn’t an N96 option in 68. The difference you see in the hoods is a filler strip that was bolted to the hood lip to fill the gap on the 69’ grille. 68’ and 69’
flat hoods and the bulge hoods are the same.

beerestorationfall2018 763.JPG
beerestorationfall2018 811.JPG
beerestorationfall2018 647.JPG

Thanks for responding and posting pics. I bought an orig. N96 to replace my lift off on my 69 bee. We mounted it and got the gaps close on both sides. PS was a little wider. But it didn't look right in the front. The hood's body line on the top/front lined up on the body lines on the top of the fenders but the hood looked short in the front on the ends about 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch next to the front of the fenders. Unfortunately no pics cause I thought I had the wrong hood so I took it back off. I couldn't adjust the hood any further forward.

Probably better fit than it left the factory..... and it still sucks..
bee&birdjuly182019 039.JPG

Last edited:
Awesome. Mine's nice, but nowhere what you've got. It's a beauty.

I see you responded to the other thread for a filler strip. I'll throw @3white74 here so he knows you are looking for one!

How about the lift off hood what’s your plans for it?

Auto Transport Service
Back