• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Name a hated car that you wouldn't mind owning.

So is this. Boring and ugly. But it surprises most V6 SUV’s when they think they are going to pass on the right. The 383 says… “Nice try”. :D View attachment 1541968
No such thing as an ugly 68 B body Mopar. When I look at your car,I see Adam 12 clone potential. Add a fuel injected 440 and a full suspension upgrade, with the caption on the door to inject and swerve!

1962 Corvair station wagon. My parents had one.
Terry W.
Fortunately my parents never subjected me to hated cars,my mom drove this during my formative years.

moms Charger.jpg

No such thing as an ugly 68 B body Mopar. When I look at your car,I see Adam 12 clone potential. Add a fuel injected 440 and a full suspension upgrade, with the caption on the door to inject and swerve!
I have a 2 door H/T I’d rather spend the coin on. :D The 4 door is a good daily.
F77442DF-69D1-428B-8065-0036CDAC70F6.jpeg

That looks more like a Valiant convertible than a Barracuda. It should say 'Valiant' on the bar before the Signet script.
View attachment 1541898
I wasn't aware of a convertible Barracuda until the second generation in 1967.
It is a Valiant convertible, not a Barracuda, which you are correct in thinking that no convertible Barracuda was made until 1967. That’s what makes it so odd, and why not many people have seen them, especially the 66. With it’s one year only front end, it makes for an oddball car, although I seem to be drawn to the 66 A bodies for some reason. And you’re right again, I forgot about that little emblem on the front fender, although it is quite a bit smaller than the Signet part.

Lots of people can't figure out what my car is either or what year it is, even though it says "Plymouth" on the rear bumper, and "Satellite" about eye level on the quarter panel, and has a giant "1973" front license plate.

People...

It is a Valiant convertible, not a Barracuda, which you are correct in thinking that no convertible Barracuda was made until 1967. That’s what makes it so odd, and why not many people have seen them, especially the 66. With it’s one year only front end, it makes for an oddball car, although I seem to be drawn to the 66 A bodies for some reason. And you’re right again, I forgot about that little emblem on the front fender, although it is quite a bit smaller than the Signet part.
Back in the day, when the original owner of my GTX was still driving it daily, he also ran a 1963 Valiant Signet convertible in the summer. Years after he sold the GTX, he was still driving the Signet. Thought it was neat that the guy who could drive anything he wanted chose such a unique vehicle, far from the mainstream.

Supposed to have less than a thousand miles on it.
1697637518973.png

The H2 is hated here in Germany by a lot of car haters. So i like it a lot, my wife too.

27718190ub.jpg

There's a lot of hate for Hummers here too but I loved mine in the oil field when I had to go out on wells. A lady sheriff pulled me over and said she should give me a ticket for having too much fun. I told her this was strictly for work. That's Oklahoma red dirt.

Hummer Dirty.jpg
hummer.jpg

OK, here is one of my weird cars I might like to have as a "runaround" car:

A Fiat 500 Abarth.
2200 pounds, a turbocharged 160 HP engine, and 30 MPG combined MPG. Seems like a fun car to run around in, and easy to park!
1697679130528.png

Jay Leno did a video on one.

It just seems like fun in an "unexpected" package.

OK, here is one of my weird cars I might like to have as a "runaround" car:

A Fiat 500 Abarth.
2200 pounds, a turbocharged 160 HP engine, and 30 MPG combined MPG. Seems like a fun car to run around in, and easy to park!
View attachment 1542359

Jay Leno did a video on one.

It just seems like fun in an "unexpected" package.

I was actually thinking of buying one of those. It sure sounded like fun! Then I saw one in person at the Montgomery Mall. :D

It was so tiny, it didn’t look safe. I also read a lot of negative press on Fiat reliability.

I bet it is fun to drive through! :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back