• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Name something cool or weird about your area that most people don't know.

The book The Greatest Gift was written here in Califon NJ by Phillip Van Doren Stern, it would later be made into the movie It's a Wonderful Life. Merv Griffin also lived here, at the end of Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune it says Califon Productions. He donated his property to the county and now it's Teetertown Preserve.

The closest city is Rochester, NY. Rochester Products carbs and fuel injection, Delco Products electrics, Zerox, Baush&Lomb, and Kodak. 30 years ago Kodak employed over 40,000 in Rochester. Home of The Gleason Works. When I worked at Gleason Works in the early 70’s every automotive rear axle gear set was cut on a Gleason gear cutter. Front wheel drive transaxles killed them.

been here 3 yrs now, and lived in commi Illinois most of my life ! Walking in a gun store and coming out with one in 1/2 hr, is way cool to me !

been here 3 yrs now, and lived in commi Illinois most of my life ! Walking in a gun store and coming out with one in 1/2 hr, is way cool to me !
I felt the same way after moving out of CA.

Auto Transport Service
Back