• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Name that cam!

Glad to hear it is now going. I am sorry for not following the form to completion but yes a great accomplishment the car and of yourself.
May God bless you with some time to enjoy it.
Thank you for the kind words, I appreciate it. :)
I know what I've done here isn't anything particularly difficult or earth-shattering to the professionals out there who do this sort of thing all the time (and faster...and for less money...), but for me it became an imperative that I had to get the car done as things went south for me health-wise.
Finishing the car became a motivating factor as things got more dire; I wasn't about to let it go unfinished before I was "finished" myself, as it were.

Did I say "finish" enough there? :)

The jury remains out on just how long I get, but to me I've already won the battle.
I drove the damn thing and it was right. :)
Anything beyond that is gravy.
Bless you back!

Thank you my friend. How's everyone?

Finally a guess on the cam! Just to be clear, which one is that?
Deb is getting better each day Ed, going to her cardio rehab 3 x per week, Im a very blessed guy to still have her here, rest of the gang is doing good.
Im really glad you got the X done with some nice weather left to enjoy it. :thumbsup:

Deb is getting better each day Ed, going to her cardio rehab 3 x per week, Im a very blessed guy to still have her here, rest of the gang is doing good.
Im really glad you got the X done with some nice weather left to enjoy it. :thumbsup:
That's, great. Glad to hear it. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I had it out again today for errands and such and it does just fine.
I did get a little nervous when going through the drive thru for a burger, though.
The Wendy's here has atrocious service and even though I was the only one there, I had to wait several minutes while I suppose they slaughtered a fresh cow out back or something.
The cars' temp went up a good 20 degrees in the process. I got nervous.
In the meantime, the workers (who all looked like they were eating all the profits, if ya catch my drift) still weren't delivering.
After so much of that, I had to say something and wala, the hamburger magically appeared and off I went.
The moment the car got some air through the radiator, the temp dropped right back way down below 180 again.

I reckon the radiator is plenty big enough. :)
Sounds like I still have some work to do with the fan and shroud, though.

That's, great. Glad to hear it. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I had it out again today for errands and such and it does just fine.
I did get a little nervous when going through the drive thru for a burger, though.
The Wendy's here has atrocious service and even though I was the only one there, I had to wait several minutes while I suppose they slaughtered a fresh cow out back or something.
The cars' temp went up a good 20 degrees in the process. I got nervous.
In the meantime, the workers (who all looked like they were eating all the profits, if ya catch my drift) still weren't delivering.
After so much of that, I had to say something and wala, the hamburger magically appeared and off I went.
The moment the car got some air through the radiator, the temp dropped right back way down below 180 again.

I reckon the radiator is plenty big enough. :)
Sounds like I still have some work to do with the fan and shroud, though.

Ed, so the temp at the drive-through went to 200*? Relax, my friend. Sometime when you've got nothing better to do on a hot day, let the car idle and watch the gauge. I wouldn't begin to worry unless the temperature reached 225-230* I'll bet it never does. With a 50/50 coolant mix it won't boil until at least 265*. NO WORRIES...

Ed, so the temp at the drive-through went to 200*? Relax, my friend. Sometime when you've got nothing better to do on a hot day, let the car idle and watch the gauge. I wouldn't begin to worry unless the temperature reached 225-230* I'll bet it never does. With a 50/50 coolant mix it won't boil until at least 265*. NO WORRIES...
It's unreal the swing in temp it makes right now, going down the highway (awesomely cool - you can even feel it in the floor vents) versus sitting in line in a drive-thru (hot enough so you start sweating from the heat coming through said vents). She starts running kinda wonky then, too.
Obviously doesn't like much heat.
Runs awesome when cool. :)
It only takes about a mile of clear sailing down the road and it almost instantly recovers to that wonderful coolness, too.

The other thing is it still is doing that little bit of spitting when I park.
Been doing that for a while now. Water level is a couple inches down from the neck. I watched the temp gauge on shutdown today and the rascal sure heat sinks once it's turned off, climbing a good 20 degrees just sitting there.
I'm considering a recovery system for it, in fact.
I'm also considering putting the old water pump back on it and taking this new Summit one off - the seal sure fusses when things get warm, to the point you can hear it in the car.

Auto Transport Service
Back