• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Name the movie.

Kern dog's post #302. The Seven-ups.
That was a Pontiac Venture. There is a New York cop/detective played by Roy Scheider in the front seat. If he would have had a shoulder belt on he would not been able to lie down on the front seat. That was definitely a sudden stop. Filmed in 1973. No vehicles newer then 1974. :thumbsup:
Ventura actually. Pontiac's version of a Nova.

Notice the semi trailer does not have a "Mansfield bar" under it, allowing for that spectacular stunt?
Here’s Why Those Extensions on Semi-trailers Are Called Mansfield Bars

I had the misfortune to be directly behind a lady in a bad winter storm that wound up going a trailer without
the bar. I got to witness the gory there, just as the legend has it Mansfield died in that wreck.
I've written about that day somewhere on here; it haunts me sometimes to this day; nobody should have
to see that in their lifetimes.

The movie was called “Find me guilty”.
He played a mobster on trial.
Is the movie any good? I like Vin Diesel in some of his movies, I haven't seen any of the F & F movies and I'm not really interested in them, so if it's any good I'll give it a watch.

It was “okay”.
If you can see it for free, it is worth at least that !

Ventura actually. Pontiac's version of a Nova.

Notice the semi trailer does not have a "Mansfield bar" under it, allowing for that spectacular stunt?
Here’s Why Those Extensions on Semi-trailers Are Called Mansfield Bars

I had the misfortune to be directly behind a lady in a bad winter storm that wound up going a trailer without
the bar. I got to witness the gory there, just as the legend has it Mansfield died in that wreck.
I've written about that day somewhere on here; it haunts me sometimes to this day; nobody should have
to see that in their lifetimes.
I don't remember the "Mansfield bar'' wording. Only ICC bar. I can picture in my mind what was left of a vehicle at the bottom of Seven Mountains. Four wheels topped off with shredded sheet metal. I pass this spot maybe twice a year.:praying:
Edit: Another auto versus semi accident just popped into my head. The vehicle went under the trailer in front of the tandem axles.

Last edited:
I don't remember the "Mansfield bar'' wording. Only ICC bar. I can picture in my mind what was left of a vehicle at the bottom of Seven Mountains. Four wheels topped off with shredded sheet metal. I pass this spot maybe twice a year.:praying:
Edit: Another auto versus semi accident just popped into my head. The vehicle went under the trailer in front of the tandem axles.
I worked as a safety director for a major tank line. We always referred to it as an ICC bar. Interstate Commerce Commission was the agency overseeing truck safety until deregulation in the 1980s. Under run wrecks are nasty. With tankers, we spent five hundred dollars a trailer on reflective decals to prevent them from the side. Never had another after the decals were fleet wide.

I worked with a guy whose uncle owned the funeral home that handled the arrangements after Jayne Mansfield was killed in that wreck. I was a fan of hers during my early teens, friends expected me to buy the wreck when it as auctioned in the late 90s.

Contrary to popular belief, she was not decapitated in the crash, the story was the result of her wig being knocked loose. My co-worker's uncle said the family had a private service, and his work had enabled an open casket.

1686758658899.png
https://64.media.tumblr.com/ab24a40.../5e25a678072a79b2fe7e1c4d7ed0a9fc908ff227.gif

Invasion of the panty snatchers!
No......
Night of the Living Dead.

Auto Transport Service
Back