• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nano

The holy grail of electrical engineering is a lighter, stronger, more powerful and safer storage battery. If this particular system is a huge step forward we will find out soon enough. After many years of hustling heavy wet cell automotive batteries around shops and part stores, I'm more than ready for an alternative.

IMHFO I think it will be maybe like 10 years before we know really how good they are &/or if they will last... R&D & short term testing, can only do so much... The real world, highway or city driving on a daily basis & then consumer acceptance, free market trade "only" will ultimately tell, whether they are viable or not... I hope they really are, it's another way to get weight out my cars....

They spend millions to shed ounces off of cars these days. Going off-track here, there is not an energy shortage, the is an "energy STORAGE shortage". Energy is created in many ways, STORING it for when needed is the problem. Electricity is the ideal for todays needs, but storing it requires heavy and expensive equipment. The physics of a lead-acid battery havent changed in a hundred years. Lithium-ion is a step, but we need a JUMP in electrical storage technology. When someone does this, watch this world change!

They spend millions to shed ounces off of cars these days. Going off-track here, there is not an energy shortage, the is an "energy STORAGE shortage". Energy is created in many ways, STORING it for when needed is the problem. Electricity is the ideal for todays needs, but storing it requires heavy and expensive equipment. The physics of a lead-acid battery havent changed in a hundred years. Lithium-ion is a step, but we need a JUMP in electrical storage technology. When someone does this, watch this world change!

You're right on that one, and until then, the most efficient way to store energy is in a gallon of dead dinosaurs.

Auto Transport Service
Back