• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Neat SEMA goodies.

ckessel

Local time
1:32 PM
Reaction score
As I through my SEMA haul, I will share some of the neat stuff I came across. First one is this. A company out of Alaska makes this really, soon to be used, fastener cleaner. You can run from #10 screws to 9/16" bolts. You run the fastener through the appropriate hole using a drill, impact driver etc. Make a pass, or more if needed, in then out and the threads are cleaned off. For years I've held onto the fasteners with Vice Grips on the head to buff off with the wire wheel and many times having it fling off for me to find. The internal brush is replaceable with easy to find units, the wheel can be flipped when the wires bend one direction like usual and you can rotate its position if you use one size repeatedly to the next non worn area. I was able to get it at the show on Friday before I left. Retail is $20.00. They also make a metric version.

IMG_2773.jpeg

IMG_2774.jpeg

IMG_2775.jpeg

Next is this company that makes wire ties with a rubber strip molded in so that it doesn't slip. Great for roll bars etc.

IMG_2772.jpeg

Here is a company out of the great white north. They make braided line, fittings etc. The braid has colored tracers on it so you can have a motif. What I thought was really neat is that one hose can handle the usual fluids AND it can be used on power steering pressure lines. They have tested this stuff, its PTFE lined also, to way past what cars need for p/s. Usually the companies have a separate line which looks totally different from your other lines. I never liked having different looking hoses on the car other than size. They so far have -6 to -10 with more sizes coming. The hose ends are theirs specific so using say an Earls, Russel etc most likely won't work fit or leak wise.

IMG_2771.jpeg

I was there friday had a tight schedule would have liked to be there longer stopped by legendary interiors booth where there was a green 1969 coronet rt covertible hemi 4 speed just like new what a car. most guys here don't care for sema because its a custom aftermarket kinda show but there is alot of way cool stuff. revolt motors were there too they make the god forbiddden electric motor swap out for classic cars. I find that very interesting but too pricey for the tesla batteries that run it.

For those working on a/c repairs/retro fits, try retro-fitusa.com. They have hose, fittings, tools etc. They have a really cool a/c line assembly setup that does not require getting the big fittings with the crimping collars that require the special crimper. It's a two band unit that looks like the oe fuel line clamps that are crimped/pinched together to tighten. The hose and fittings these guys have is a little tighter on the fit so the fitting is less likely to move when you are clocking it prior to crimping. The fill/test ports are modular in size so you can use their valve and use R1234YF, R134A or R12 depending on what you want to use. The valves are different depending on your refrigerant choice. Nice setup for those going DIY.

A company out of Joisy[ NJ that is] called Techflex. techflex.com. They make all sorts of sleeving for hoses, wiring etc and cover a huge range of needs/industries. Colors, styles, materials, abrasion resistance variations, heat ranges etc. Many of the aftermarket wiring companies use their products. Way cool stuff.

One of the items I plan on using for my car is a FLIR system. There are add on units available from GU Auto Tech, guautotech.com, Pathfindir, flir.com and probably from some others. I pinged on this some years back when we did a Cadillac ride and drive event. The higher end cars come standard with this system and is an option on their lower end. We sat in a car, which was in a darkened tent that had simulated fog in front of us with the headlights on. You couldn't see squat in front of the car. No surprise, just like normal. What you couldn't see was the guy 10' away waving at you. With the FLIR system, you could see him. We live in an area with critters out on the road, as many of you do and this setup gives you the opportunity to see way in front of you on what might be lurking so you don't hit said critter/person giving you one heck of a repair bill. From what I was told, you can add it to a tablet unit, I'll be doing a mini I-Pad, with the required cables and adaptors. They do have their own screen unit too if you want to go that way. The GU unit is also an option with their dash cam unit. I mentioned this to a friend of mine that hauls fuel starting way before the sun is up. Might be a worthwhile add on to his bosses trucks. Along with being able to use the I-Pad for this, I'll use it for my Pandora and the a/c system I'll be using from Restomod Air, restomodair.com, can be controlled by blue tooth. Might even add on front a and back cams too.

The first two are the kind of things that make you say "why didn't I think of that".

Auto Transport Service
Back