• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Need 1968 B-Body Speedometer Gauge Outer Lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

El.Padrino

Local time
11:41 AM
Reaction score
Searching for a new or in very good condition used speedo outer lens (120MPH, standard gauge cluster) for '68 B-body. Please PM me, thanks!

Exactly this:
Speedo Lens.png

Seen your post and thought I'd add a little info for the guys that don't know. If you have a good lens cover that is not cracked, you can polish them back to New. Mine was cracked and I found one on a web site that someone had tried to buff and burned the plastic with the buffer. I took 600 grit sand paper and removed the burn. Then I came back with 1000, 1500 and 2000 grit sand paper. When all the scratches were removed, I polished it by hand with rubbing compound. Here's the final product with a white gauges reface to the gauges. Thanks last picture is what I started with. The middle picture was before buffing by hand.

Screenshot_20170418-165636.png Screenshot_20170418-165626.png Screenshot_20170418-165632.png

I think they sell them new from classic industries.I bought the chrome trim piece from them.Als you can try e-bay

@bschomske thanks!i know but for me classic industries isn't always the way to go. Would be my last option though.

@Watchthis good tip with buffing it! in my case i doubt it will help cause my lens has few minor cracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back