WTB Need 1968 B-Body Speedometer Gauge Outer Lens

WTB - Mopar Parts and Cars Wanted

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. El.Padrino

El.Padrino Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:10 AM
    Searching for a new or in very good condition used speedo outer lens (120MPH, standard gauge cluster) for '68 B-body. Please PM me, thanks!

Exactly this: Speedo Lens.png

2. Watchthis

Watchthis Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:10 AM
    Seen your post and thought I'd add a little info for the guys that don't know. If you have a good lens cover that is not cracked, you can polish them back to New. Mine was cracked and I found one on a web site that someone had tried to buff and burned the plastic with the buffer. I took 600 grit sand paper and removed the burn. Then I came back with 1000, 1500 and 2000 grit sand paper. When all the scratches were removed, I polished it by hand with rubbing compound. Here's the final product with a white gauges reface to the gauges. Thanks last picture is what I started with. The middle picture was before buffing by hand.

Screenshot_20170418-165636.png Screenshot_20170418-165626.png Screenshot_20170418-165632.png

• Agree Agree x 1
    • bschomske

bschomske Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      3:10 AM
      I think they sell them new from classic industries.I bought the chrome trim piece from them.Als you can try e-bay

• El.Padrino

El.Padrino Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      10:10 AM
      @bschomske thanks!i know but for me classic industries isn't always the way to go. Would be my last option though.

@Watchthis good tip with buffing it! in my case i doubt it will help cause my lens has few minor cracks.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
      By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.