• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need a '68 or 69 Coronet RF Fender. Does no one make repros?? Anyone know where to get one?

52 Bone Speed

Local time
5:41 AM
Reaction score
I can't believe it but I backed into my Coronet with my daily driver while backing out of my shop in my yard. Coronet is always in the garage except today and I forgot. Dammit. Hit my RF fender fairly badly. Was looking at my options. Can't find fenders online. Is that really the case? If so I'm going to need a metal magic man to fix what I have. Really bummed.

Nobody made Super Bee fenders either... or I'd have had new ones on mine during restoration

Nobody made Super Bee fenders either... or I'd have had new ones on mine during restoration
I stand corrected. I was on my phone and see they were all Charger or RR fenders coming up not Super Bees.
I know I have seen a few members parting out Coronets so start a want to buy thread. Shipping may be high $'s

The headlight buckets are different between ‘68 and ‘69 too. You’re better off to find a used one for the proper year. Good luck. There are a bunch of high-priced junkers out there. Or you can go with fiberglass.

Which year preferred - 68 or 69? I don't personally have one but could ask around. Shipping would be spendy - not sure if "Ground", or if have to be "Freight". Gainesville bone-yards?

69 is preferred. I already started moving the bent metals with my feet. Definately more than just a big dent / crease and push back, but pretty sure a good body guy can get it back if I can find one willing to accept the case. But if I also knew I could spend a few hundreds on a repro that at least would quench some of my fears here. Thank y'all for chiming in. I am not alone. Back to feet work to at least get it looking fixable.

I can't believe it but I backed into my Coronet with my daily driver while backing out of my shop in my yard. Coronet is always in the garage except today and I forgot. Dammit. Hit my RF fender fairly badly. Was looking at my options. Can't find fenders online. Is that really the case? If so I'm going to need a metal magic man to fix what I have. Really bummed.
Get to Carlisle early this year and you might find a single or a pair.

I could use a left fender for a '69. I've saw a few on the auction in the $900 - $1400 range. I will probably hone my metal working skills on my existing fender.

Start a parts wanted thread here. I bet someone will have one. Shipping is the worst part. Swap meets are the best. Do not offer parts for sale here. That's what wanted threads are for.

Last edited:
Don't see it mentioned but marker light holes are quite a bit different.

Funny how "Super Bee" fenders are worth more than "Coronet" fenders.

...although I will concede that "real" Super Bee fenders don't have any trim holes.

68 and 69 Coronet fenders are quite different. Not only is the side marker different, but the headlight panel, and hood adjuster bracket are different between 68 and 69. It's quite involved to convert from one to the other

I will have some at Carlisle this year!!!!.....I have a friend just payed 2400 for pair of nos ones for his a12 bee ....which is fair I think !!!

I was looking at 68 Charger ads and notice the fenders look identical to my Coronet except right below the headlights. This sounds nuts but would a Charger fenders and front bumper bolt on? Looks like it would. Probably would need Charger grill also. I'm not going to do it because I was able to repair my fender. I have about 60 hours into fixing my fender and I am now ready to spray paint hopefully this weekend. But now that I know I can't get fenders for it I am thinking a front end hit could damn nearly be unrecoverable and makes driving a little more stressful. But if Charger stuff bolts on at least I would still have a car and it might even look pretty damn cool if I was cornered into that situation. Possible?? Bolt on stuff??

69 is preferred. I already started moving the bent metals with my feet. Definately more than just a big dent / crease and push back, but pretty sure a good body guy can get it back if I can find one willing to accept the case. But if I also knew I could spend a few hundreds on a repro that at least would quench some of my fears here. Thank y'all for chiming in. I am not alone. Back to feet work to at least get it looking fixable.
If you are considering having a body man fix the fender , then leave it alone. Us body men hate when a novice tries to fix it on their own and makes it more difficult to repair. Expect to pay more after you have messed with it.

My favorite body man and I painted it today (yes a Sunday) at his body shop. We blended into the door etc. He's very skilled and experienced. He helped me start it all a couple months back with some teamwork on the heavy dent pulling at his shop and has been available for consultation and guidance through the repair. 80% was done by me at my shop on my lift. Some welding in new steel, then the bodywork. Minor filling, Block sanding and guide coat and repeat over and over as I learned the craft. I've sunk probably 70 hours in it and he another 12. Now it's the nicest panel on the car and looks fantastic. But damn, I sure would have had a much easier time if repro fenders existed for this car. Still would like to know if other model fender would bolt up if needed next go around... which I hope is 50 years from now. Tomorrow is cut and buff, apply door and fender hardware, grill bumper etc. But damn, I'm glad its done. Bunch of other stuff I need to get to.

Auto Transport Service
Back