• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need advice on tunnel Ram Carbs installation

fwi

Local time
3:54 PM
Reaction score
Going to be installing a pair of Holley 450's on my Weiand TR as soon as they arrive. Should I use studs or bolts ?
20171024_165417.jpg

Last edited:
My small block with 390 carbs and TR uses studs.

Dooooo iiitttt
:rofl:

But to answer the question, studs
Of the correct length.
Thin head bolts only if clearance is an issue.

Studs, wouldn't want to run bolts into manifold to easy to cross thread. Maybe a little anti seize on studs?

It's unanimous, plus it makes sense, studs it is. Thank you all.

Noticed you plan on running 450s. What's the specs on your motor and any info on the trans/gearing etc. and what the vehicle is used for would be of interest. Thanks.

Noticed you plan on running 450s. What's the specs on your motor and any info on the trans/gearing etc. and what the vehicle is used for would be of interest. Thanks.

383 pretty much stock, headers, will be getting a cam, 2800 stall 727, 8 3/4 suregrip, 4.10........mostly street use with an occasional 1/8 mile run.

Does your tunnel ram on the 383 work well? I'll be putting one on my 383 with a 4.25" stroke, soon. A 496. I'm using 2 Carter 500 CFM carbs to start. May go to 660 Holleys after that, just for fun. I guess you are using the 5986 base, right? Do your 450 Holleys work ok on there?

Does your tunnel ram on the 383 work well? I'll be putting one on my 383 with a 4.25" stroke, soon. A 496. I'm using 2 Carter 500 CFM carbs to start. May go to 660 Holleys after that, just for fun. I guess you are using the 5986 base, right? Do your 450 Holleys work ok on there?

Haven't installed it yet.....hopefully this week sometime.

Auto Transport Service
Back