• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need advice on Wildwood parking brakes

Rustyiron

Local time
1:52 PM
Reaction score
I have a older set of Wildwood disc brakes on my car. The parking breaks were never installed and hooked up so I am looking to complete the install. Does anyone have this setup on there car? If so what cables were used for the install.
If anyone has pictures of how they hooked them up I would appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks

What calipers do you have? Many were never made for parking brakes.

They're the drums inside the disc?

They were the 4 piston cast calibers that has a separate parking caliper that is a manual cable activated one.

reminds me of a old style go kart type brake.

They were the 4 piston cast calibers that has a separate parking caliper that is a manual cable activated one.

These are what Dr.Differential [Cass] sold me on my Dana 60. They were Ford Motorsports SVO calipers. Not sure who made them. The cables he supplied me with were a perfect fit on My 69 Charger.

100_0352.JPG 100_0353.JPG 100_0354.JPG

Are you saying the e brake is an additional caliper?
My rear disc use an internal drum on the hat. The make a dual cable equalizer kit that uses clevis and adjusters where the cables meet.

wil-330-9371_no_xl.jpg wil-140-7139-r_gn_xl.jpg

Got a picture?

I used the Willwood rear kit pictured above. If you have frame rail connectors you can use a longer front cable and move it inboard instead of passing the bare cable though them in the stock location. I used a cable from an 80s Dodge van (raybestos c93025). Cleans it up alot, just have to shorten the inside cable slightly and re-swage or just use a new cable end like I did.

PXL_20220113_021710210.jpg

I believe Ford Explorer brake cables come in at a workable length.
With $9k labor, and over $10k in parts and systems, for some stupid reason I can't recall my mechanic didn't finish hooking up the "mini drum" parking brakes on my rear 6 piston Wilwood brakes. Front discs are 6 piston also, but 12.8" vs 12.2" rear. I know I didn't need 6 piston rear discs, but I have them...Bwa-haa-haaa!:)

Auto Transport Service
Back