• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

need ballpark value on 73 Charger SE

PettyBlue72

Local time
9:47 PM
Reaction score
I have a friend who is toying around with trying to sell his 73 Charger SE Survivor.

Now I know the market sucks right now for selling cars but hey it never hurts to see what it may be worth.

This car is an all original 73 Charger SE 400 2bbl,727 9.25 open rear. It is a light blue color with a full black vinyl top and a black bench interior. The paint is original, the body is rust free, and the interior is original and perfect. This car has one numerous awards and has been owned by the same person for at least 15 years. The car has had some slight mods such as an aluminum 4bbl intake and edelbrock carb, headers, and a good dual exhaust setup as well as a few other things that could be easily reversed.

Sorry but I have no picts at this time and the car is located about an hour from me and it would take some time to get them.

So, any idea what this car would be worth in this sucky economy?

Thanks in advance for any responses,
Joe

Hard to say without pics or seeing in person. Any options? What is the mileage? Any smoke, noises, leaks? Anything missing, broken? Anything replaced or needing replaced/rebuilt like gas tank, front suspension, etc?

Forgot to add a $$$ range. Considering it is a big block, possibly as low as $5000 to as high as $15,000. Again, this depends on how original it actually is, what it needs now and what it will need in the near future. Add to that, a SE would be less desirable than a Rallye and a '73 less than a '71.

I see similarly equipped Roadrunners go for $5000-$10,000 depending on rot and rust, condition, etc.

Assuming everything is mechanically sound, and the body is unmolested and rot/rust free, 12-15k wouldnt be a bad price to sell in spring.

Now is the best time to buy a car, but the worst to sell. Alot of people want to sell this time of year to avoid paying storage.

are you sure its a 9 1/4"? those didnt come on the b bodies until 74 iirc. i have a 73 charger se, 400/2bbl built in jan 73 and it had a 8 1/4" back there.

are you sure its a 9 1/4"? those didnt come on the b bodies until 74 iirc. i have a 73 charger se, 400/2bbl built in jan 73 and it had a 8 1/4" back there.

I'm not 100% sure on what rearend is in it but I know for sure it is an open rear because I offered to swap in an 8 3/4 with a sure-grip for him but we never got around to it.

Joe

Auto Transport Service
Back