• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help on a 1971 Charger SE

Hey guys, just trying to find the front fender molding that mounts on fender behind the bumper. It seems that pgclassics repops these parts under part number 151-73f which is offered through several mopar parts companies who list them to fit either 71 through 74, or 72 through 74, or 73 and 74 only. Same part number and even same picture of the part. From what I understand it will fit 71-74 but on the 71 models it don't completely cover all the exposed metal forward or deep behind the bumper so my question is.....on a daily driver type of car can't I mount these and just use silver paint to cover whats left of the exposed metal thats hard to see deep behind the bumper? Or better yet, any of you guys have an old unrestored set of these moldings I would be interested, keep in mind this car is a daily driver so not wanting nos perfect parts.

If you're anywhere near Maryland, you can come to my place and pick one. I opted to leave them off my car.

Let us know how they fit.
I ordered them Wednesday and got them today, fast from Canada. Look good and fit great even the screw holes line up. These are made for 73/74 and my car is 71 so they don't cover all the way forward so I will paint that to match, it deep behind bumper shouldn't be too noticeable. The paint on them maybe a shade lighter than oem but the chrome is near perfect.
20220124_150158.jpg
20220124_150147.jpg
20220124_145807.jpg
20220124_145750.jpg
20220124_145743.jpg
The only bad thing with them is they look too good for my daily driver car.

You shouldn't need to paint that area. Bumper will cover that. 71/72 are in fact shorter!

Not all. But the '71 500s got a piece on the front fenders that only trimmed the top edge and didn't come down behind the bumper.

I think they were just on the SE chargers along with the hideaway headlights, or could have been special ordered on any model.

i was wondering about that. i have a 74 Charger (non SE) that only has the plastic fillers...no trim. BUT, the car had been repainted and a lot of stuff is missing. Wasn't sure if they failed to replace the trim or if that trim was an SE thing

well...i guess i answered my own question. looks like an SE thing.

20220125_101546.jpg

i was wondering about that. i have a 74 Charger (non SE) that only has the plastic fillers...no trim. BUT, the car had been repainted and a lot of stuff is missing. Wasn't sure if they failed to replace the trim or if that trim was an SE thing
Optional on non SE too. BUMPER REVEAL MOLDINGS A46 code

73_Charger_Total0015.jpg

good spot. i always wondered what bumper reveal mouldings were. now i know. Odd that it's an A code, you'd think it'd be an M code

Auto Transport Service
Back