• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help on a 1971 Charger SE

Outlawd

Local time
5:25 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys, just trying to find the front fender molding that mounts on fender behind the bumper. It seems that pgclassics repops these parts under part number 151-73f which is offered through several mopar parts companies who list them to fit either 71 through 74, or 72 through 74, or 73 and 74 only. Same part number and even same picture of the part. From what I understand it will fit 71-74 but on the 71 models it don't completely cover all the exposed metal forward or deep behind the bumper so my question is.....on a daily driver type of car can't I mount these and just use silver paint to cover whats left of the exposed metal thats hard to see deep behind the bumper? Or better yet, any of you guys have an old unrestored set of these moldings I would be interested, keep in mind this car is a daily driver so not wanting nos perfect parts.

Best to start a parts wanted ad in that section. You would be amazed at what people have laying around.

As far I know there are two kind of them for 71/72... the ones that just fits on top and the ones what, like 73/74 fills top and sides of fenders/quarters.

73/74 just got those 90 degrees kind filling top and sides. These are slightly diff from similars 71/72s being a bit deeper or longer to fill better the space made by the bumper fillers. I have a pic of that diff somewhere.

But those what just attach on top ( fenders and quarter extensions ) are just 71/72 deal and I think not used on SEs. SEs I think it uses the top/sides molding.

I can be wrong on this thought

73/74 just got those 90 degrees kind filling top and sides. These are slightly diff from similars 71/72s being a bit deeper or longer to fill better the space made by the bumper fillers. I have a pic of that diff somewhere
Ok, thats the info I was looking for. So the 73-74 trim fits good on a 71 but just not deep enough or long enough to cover all the filler space which I can deal with. Thank you Nacho

Last edited:
Backwards... 71/72 THEORICALLY won't fill enough on a 73/74 because the enlarged gap due collision requiremenst made since 73... then were also added rubber bumper fillers.

brmoldings.jpg

73/74 on left, 71/72 on right

then there are the small ones just fiting on top, without the side gray filler area.

I'd say 73/74 will fit on 72 without problems. Any excess can be trimmed out if needed.

Last edited:
and this is the other one used on 71/72 ( quarter extensions shown, fenders are similar )

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

doesn't get the sides

71-charger-500-up-close.jpg

sc0511-108157_1@2x.jpg

Last edited:
I went with the small eyebrows on my 71 SE since they are stainless and can be polished out. The full ones are pot metal and very difficult to find in good condition.

I have the small rear ones and nos small front fender pieces for 71-2..

if anyone can help, i need a front driver's side brow. mine's cracked in a few spots...for a 1972 SE.

I went with the small eyebrows on my 71 SE since they are stainless and can be polished out. The full ones are pot metal and very difficult to find in good condition.
But they are available new repro! Since some years now. Is not a new release!

i haven't seen these. perhaps my search terms weren't correct. who makes them?

I meant the full ones, not the eyebrows. He changed to the eyebrows because "full ones are pot metal and hard to find in good conditions"

But they are available new repro! Since some years now. Is not a new release!
Some people want REAL Mopar parts for their cars.. Most After market stuff is close but not like original..

Count on me like one of them LOL... specially after get the POS I got on interior panels LOL. But there is at least the option for these molds.

Thanks guys. I just ordered a pair. Yes they are based on 73/74 and can fit on 71/72 just requires a little work but still better than nothing considering my unrestored 71 SE still has all the original trim just missing these two front end parts somebody robbed off it years ago and now I'm ready to mount the hideaway headlight grille/bumper assembly but need these on first.

Thanks guys. I just ordered a pair. Yes they are based on 73/74 and can fit on 71/72 just requires a little work but still better than nothing considering my unrestored 71 SE still has all the original trim just missing these two front end parts somebody robbed off it years ago and now I'm ready to mount the hideaway headlight grille/bumper assembly but need these on first.

Let us know how they fit.

Auto Transport Service
Back