• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help ordering crank and rod bearings please

seen this as a note on some bearings and I dont understand it. - Positon Number 5 w/ Full Grooved Main Bearings

That number would be correct. High performance can have different groove options. You will be fine with standard. Is your crank standard size?

Yes the crank is standard size, machine shop told me.

If I have a high volume oil pump should go with the full grove main bearing?

If you have the proper clearances you should be ok with a standard pump with a half grooved main.

If you have the proper clearances you should be ok with a standard pump with a half grooved main.
What I was saying is the 318 has a high volume oil pump, so am I good with stock bears?

I would think so, just make sure your level is full at all times.

just a crusier? then stick with stock half groove mains and stock oil pump. you don't need a high volume pump.

just a crusier? then stick with stock half groove mains and stock oil pump. you don't need a high volume pump.
Engine was already built,tore it done because it sat for over 15 years. Already had the H V oil pump in it. Thats why Im asking about the bearings.

The Clevite P series are the driver quality grade. If it's a higher output engine I prefer the H series.
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back