• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help with 65 B-Body radio bracket!

Nismobishi

Local time
6:34 PM
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I have a 65 Satellite that has a CD player in it. I have the original radio and bezel but they hacked up the dash a little bit and I don't see any way to mount the radio. Does someone have a picture of a radio installed without the bezel on or a picture of what the brackets look like?

Unfortunately I pulled mine out last year. Planning on having it converted to bluetooth. I think there is a small bracket to help stabilize it. It's in my buddies shop right now so I don't have access to it.

Hello everyone,
I have a 65 Satellite that has a CD player in it. I have the original radio and bezel but they hacked up the dash a little bit and I don't see any way to mount the radio. Does someone have a picture of a radio installed without the bezel on or a picture of what the brackets look like?
65 Satellite front and back radio
20171214_205819.jpg

20171214_210153.jpg

Thank you!!! That's exactly what I needed to see. So I am missing the from part that the knobs go through. I will fab up a bottom bracket and just have the knobs held by the bezel then. Thank you again!!!

Thank you!!! That's exactly what I needed to see. So I am missing the from part that the knobs go through. I will fab up a bottom bracket and just have the knobs held by the bezel then. Thank you again!!!
Did someone cut out the radio bezel off the dash in the past?

Yes,
Back in the 90's a stereo shop cut out the dash and bezel and installed a CD player. I got a new bezel but the dash would either need to be replaced or I can probably make a new plate out of sheet metal and tack it in the dash where the original one was cut out for the radio to mount to.

Yes,
Back in the 90's a stereo shop cut out the dash and bezel and installed a CD player. I got a new bezel but the dash would either need to be replaced or I can probably make a new plate out of sheet metal and tack it in the dash where the original one was cut out for the radio to mount to.
I would probably try to tack on a metal bezel. I think over time the plastic bezel would crack with no front support.

That was my worry as well. I think this should not be too hard. Sheet metal, Drill, Snips, there is a perfect rectangle in the dash where the metal needs to be tacked in.

Auto Transport Service
Back