Need information on RT Rear Taillight Len...

1966 -1967 Mopars

1. Pops1967GTX

Pops1967GTX FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    1:28 PM
    I recently Purchase a RT rear Taillite Len. The numbers match on the bottom of my Len SAE STDB 67R CC. BUT it is Missing a Groove to properly sit in the Metal bezel......... From the wear on the len, it looks like someone tried to use it on a 67gtx, but it does not fit properly.. Any Ideas? I think its for a 1967 Plymouth Belvedere Tail Light..... Mine has seen better days.....I guess I'm still looking....

Attached Files:

2. 67GTX440

67GTX440 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:28 PM
    67 GTX Repop.jpg belvedere NOS lens.jpg You said the part number is the same as the taillight lens you took out? The bezel I removed the lens from is marked 26C6 252 AHZ 1. Attached are pictures of 67 GTX repop lens and 67 Belvedere I and II NOS lens. I see the small notch you are talking about now. Maybe this was a Belvedere lens in my GTX bezel, but I never noticed a gap. I replaced both lens and bezels with repops since the bezels were pitted and the left lens was completely baked out so it was no longer red. I am thinking maybe a little dremel tool work on that lens. Since I sold it to you for $12 shipped, what is the worst that could happen? If that doesn't work, I will send your $12 back. I never noticed a difference in what came off and what went on.

The one off your car looks like a couple of spoons of jelly had taken up residence inside.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.