• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOUND Need rear roller and slide assembly off rear quarter glass for a 66 Satellite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AR67GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:38 PM
Reaction score
The entire roller assembly is missing on the rear of my 66 driver side rear, quarter window. This includes the roller that runs in the window frame slot and the double roller part that rolls up and down the guide track. 67 may be the same for this part - not sure but could probably tell from a picture of one. Front roller assembly on the quarter glass is probably the same as the rear one.

Thanks.

The entire roller assembly is missing on the rear of my 66 driver side rear, quarter window. This includes the roller that runs in the window frame slot and the double roller part that rolls up and down the guide track. 67 may be the same for this part - not sure but could probably tell from a picture of one. Front roller assembly on the quarter glass is probably the same as the rear one.

Thanks.

This is some information that I believe is correct.. their has been talk here on this site about the rear quarter window(s) and window parts. I remember
few people on here has said the quarter windows are different between 66-67 cars. It must be they have a different bolt arrangement where they bolt to the window frame assembly, but I am not sure. We have (I believe) both rear quarter sections, with all associated components including window frame, rollers, brackets, and quarter windows.. but they are from a 67 Belvedere 2dr hardtop. Somebody on this site will know if these components will interchange with a 66 model year. @Dodge33

I know from my 67 there were two different types of glass shapes that required different mounting frames. I have one of each in my GTX. The ones in my 66 have the glass that just extends below the sill and has a large slotted aluminum frame. The other type has a larger sized piece of glass that extends way down into the door and a much smaller aluminum frame. Seems the glass has slots in it - don’t remember exactly. I think the other hardware is the same since like I said, I have one of each in my 67. Please shoot me a picture and I should be able to tell.

thanks

I have some pieces left over from a rebuild kit like so.

Will take a pic when i get home.
If you can use it.

Its yours N/C

I just put several window internal parts in my NOS inventory. If you have part numbers I can look.

No part numbers. When I get one of them out I’ll post a picture of what I need. But, out of town a couple of days first.

Thanks for all the replies - not trying to ignore anyone. Thought I would wait until I can get back and remove, photograph and post a picture of the roller assembly I need.

Well - it was a struggle but I finally got it out. Probably not necessary in the long run but that's what it is. There are two pivot points on the 66 that have to have the spring clips removed (on the outside of the windows so a real chore to release blindly with a little screwdriver) and then three sliding roller assemblies that have to be maneuvered to the oversize holes in the end to remove them.

Once I finally figured out the exact type of roller assembly I needed, I found a had a couple new ones left over from my GTX refresh about 18 years ago.

IMG_5514.JPG

So looks like I have everything I need at this point. I appreciate everyone who responded to my posting.

Thanks Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back