• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need some engine advice....

Glad u got it cured. If it’s what I’m thinking it keeps the timing rock solid by stopping spark scatter. Ed Hamburger had that little trick from way back in the 70s. I used my first 1 in 1982 or so. Kim

Glad u got it cured. If it’s what I’m thinking it keeps the timing rock solid by stopping spark scatter. Ed Hamburger had that little trick from way back in the 70s. I used my first 1 in 1982 or so. Kim
From what I understand, it limits the amount of movement of the shaft. They all move somewhat. He claimed that on this combo of parts it started being noticable around 2200 rpm and by 2800 it had moved enough to add 12-15 degrees of timing. Just sucks that he didn't throw the motor on his dyno when he got it back to figure out the problem before doing a total rebuild.

Good to hear your a happy man!! Shame it took such a battle to get there but Brian did the right thing...

Now all that's left is a time slip. Glad it's up and running well. Good to know it'll run on 85, you won't have to buy pricey gas.

Now all that's left is a time slip. Glad it's up and running well. Good to know it'll run on 85, you won't have to buy pricey gas.
Don't think it will ever get to the track, but who knows. And, yes running on crappy gas was one of my requirements. Some of the little hick towns around me don't sell 91.

Auto Transport Service
Back