• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need some help with my Bendix brakes.

Caliper pics

20230507_103437_copy_597x1061.jpg

20230507_103418_copy_626x1114.jpg

20230507_103347_copy_663x1179.jpg

20230507_103340_copy_639x1136.jpg

20230507_103300_copy_619x1100.jpg

20230507_103244_copy_630x1120.jpg

I did measurements of the old and new rotor. From the inner lip of the hub to top of the inner bearing race is .504 " on the original 2 piece. The new rotor it is .52" so it is already slightly deeper . Simply laying the rotors on the rotor face shows the slight difference in wear from old to new. Diameter is identical .

My memory is that when the car came from my grandfather we sent the calipers out to be rebuilt not replaced. This is 22 years ago now .

The spindles have 100% not been changed qnd my understanding is there is only 1 spindle for the bendix rotor.

So if both rotors sit in same position in relation to the caliper then the caliper is probably the issue? If you look at them they are anything but precision castings. U will post up some more pics of the calipers
As long as the bearing and race are correct and measure up you should be good there. I suppose it is possible if the calipers were sent out you may of received two replacements and not the originals. Lots of times they tell you one thing and deliver the opposite. Who knows at this point. I have seen issues before with rebuilders having replacement parts out of tolerance. When cores are in short supply they find resources to supply product. Once they get yours they send theirs which is possibly where this problem starts. It could just be the outer half that is wrong as your rotor is rubbing on the outer side. Without having a cad drawing you really have no good points to reference. Did you check to see how true the replacement rotors were? If off just getting them trued may give you enough clearance.

One last thought. When you rebuilt the calipers did you keep the left and right apart from each other? Point is could there be a difference in the outer half and having them switched changed the gap you are fighting?

Auto Transport Service
Back