• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Timing Cover for 318

Status
Not open for further replies.

darc1722

Local time
3:34 AM
Reaction score
I need an engine timing cover for my 1969 Satellite with a 318. The timing marks are on the passenger side of the cover, I have seen a few covers with the timing marks on the driver side, does anyone know if they're interchangeable? Thanks

I should have one from a 68 / 69 Satellite Sport with a 318 I parted here a while back....

I need an engine timing cover for my 1969 Satellite with a 318. The timing marks are on the passenger side of the cover, I have seen a few covers with the timing marks on the driver side, does anyone know if they're interchangeable? Thanks

No, they are not interchangeable unless you take the water pump, timing chain cover, vibration damper, radiator, and hoses from the opposite one.

They moved the timing marks and lower water pump outlet 90° in 1970 when they switched from the cast iron water pump to the aluminum ones. They had to move the timing mark on the damper to compensate also. If they are not properly matched, your timing marks, or water pump lower outlet will be 90° off.

I believe that you can take the post 70's timing chain, water pump, damper, and radiator and they will work on the old style engine or vice versa. I would double check the timing marks at TDC to make sure if I did it this way.

If you can't find one here, check on forabodiesonly.com. There were alot more SB's in the a-bodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back