• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need to buy a new A/C Fan Blower Motor for '73 Charger

Charger Fan

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:05 PM
Reaction score
Need to buy a new blower motor or get the one I have rebuilt. Several choices and brands on-line. Some appear to use existing blower wheel and some look like they require a new wheel. Anybody done this recently and have recommendations on where to or where not to buy from and what brand is decent. E-bay has some but they are not that much different than buying elsewhere online. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Four Seasons 35526 should work for you, but it does not come with the wheel. You may be able to reuse your old wheel ( they're just pressed on), but it may also be brittle with age, so be careful. Four Seasons also does wheels, but you're going to have to measure your old one to get the right fit.
Just looking at the parts book, I'm guessing that a 35612 should fit, but that's just a guess. These parts should be available thru your local parts stores.

Mark

yes, I saw the Four Seasons brand 35526 but it doesn't look like the original one unless the picture they use is just a file photo. The 35526 looks short on the engine side of the flange and I'm concerned it won't line up with drain tube. The fan wheel I have is in good shape. On the blower side, the 35526 looks long so not sure my fan piece will sit close enough to the flange to fit back in the box. Any thoughts?

Pictures of mine and the 35526.

image44.jpeg

s-l1600.jpg

Found a Four Seasons brand new one for $26.99 at a local Auto Zone store after during lots of research on the web. They had to order it and well see how it goes when I get it. Supposed to have it by the 18th. I found it by searching on VDO blower motors and turned up VDO part number PM203 for a '73 Satellite. Knowing it should be the same for a '73 Charger I searched on that part number and found this website:https://www.stockwiseauto.com/vdo-p...MIwp__o4jh-gIVyduGCh0x7gAcEAQYAiABEgIFbfD_BwE
The specifications on that web page page list all the Chrysler part numbers that it interchanges with. The old one out of my Charger was the first one listed, 2936687. It also listed the Four Seasons brand part number 35565 which is the number I suspected would be the right but if I had listened to ebay adds I would have ordered the wrong one or paid $115.00 for one.

Found a Four Seasons brand new one for $26.99 at a local Auto Zone store after during lots of research on the web. They had to order it and well see how it goes when I get it. Supposed to have it by the 18th. I found it by searching on VDO blower motors and turned up VDO part number PM203 for a '73 Satellite. Knowing it should be the same for a '73 Charger I searched on that part number and found this website:https://www.stockwiseauto.com/vdo-p...MIwp__o4jh-gIVyduGCh0x7gAcEAQYAiABEgIFbfD_BwE
The specifications on that web page page list all the Chrysler part numbers that it interchanges with. The old one out of my Charger was the first one listed, 2936687. It also listed the Four Seasons brand part number 35565 which is the number I suspected would be the right but if I had listened to ebay adds I would have ordered the wrong one or paid $115.00 for one.
Please update us with how it goes and if everything shows up okay. This is a great option for a lot of folks. Thanks for all of the leg-work!

From what I have seen the wire colors are wrong, which is ridiculous since they are green and black and you need to add rhe connectors. I have just been buying used and going with see if a local guy can rewind the old one.

The Four Seasons brand part number 35565 or the VDO part number PM203 are identical and will work to replace the original motor. I installed the Four Seasons motor and it works just like original. Yes, 72sunroof is correct. If you are building a show car the hot wire is orange not green.

Auto Transport Service
Back