• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Needs bolts for my 440 project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durandal25

Local time
10:14 AM
Reaction score
Team,

I know there are several of you that have tons of leftover bolts and such from your builds, and I need good set of bolts for my 440 engine build. Anyone got a fairly complete set of:

1. Cylinder head bolts
2. Valve cover bolts
3. Harmonic balancer bolt and washer

I always though that using "used headbolts" was a no-no since they stretch when torquing them down initially and reusing would be a risk of failure?

Torque to yield bolts are not supposed to be re-used but the older stock bolts can be reused.

Get the AMK Catalog.
Or go online to AMK Fastners

OR:
Go to Mancinni Racing
Bouchillion
Bob Mazzolini racing
Jim's

Btw, your PM box is full. I'll get back to you before the day is over....btw, where abouts are you in Texas? I'm in Pasadena just outside of Houston.

Btw, your PM box is full. I'll get back to you before the day is over....btw, where abouts are you in Texas? I'm in Pasadena just outside of Houston.

Fixed!

- - - Updated - - -

I always though that using "used headbolts" was a no-no since they stretch when torquing them down initially and reusing would be a risk of failure?

I had heard that too, but was looking for the old school ones that can be reused.

I don't think they even made a torque to yield head bolt for the old engines.....? Wouldn't want them if they did!

I don't think they even made a torque to yield head bolt for the old engines.....? Wouldn't want them if they did!

Cranky,

Your box if full now too sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back