• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Neighbors with Pontiac's and anti mopar remarks

Back in high school [there were very few mopars]all my friends were car freaks but mechanicly declined so i built their gtos,camaros,mustangs [they helped where they could] they too gave me crap for having a 68 road runner [440,4 speed] after taking them and my father [who gave me the most crap, ford man thru and thru] they never said another word and my father would never ride in it again,scared the s--t outta him. I like all cars equily i have my dream cars [40 willys/68 roadrunner/t bolt fairlane/69 camaro] but mopars are closest to my heart.

I don't know why it seems that our cars get much more than their fair share of disrespect.
All I can say, is that I was very poor in high school and my $500 stock 318 2bl 66 Coronet with some simple 0 buck and very low buck tuning- smacked down all sorts of cars (mostly GM) that I personally knew had hundreds or even thousands of dollars spent on rebuilding and upgrading the engines.
I was a Buick/Olds/Pontiac guy (and also liked Novas and Chevelles), but i fell in love with that Coronet the first time I saw it, and have been a hard core mopar guy ever since (although I still appreciate the styling of all makes in that era).

Yep me too [and my friends] my roadrunner was no showcar bairly had an interior but fast as hell,my friends cars were the same every bit of money went into engine and stuff to keep it on the road.The rich kids from across town gave us crap often till we handed them their heads often.

Easy one, it's cuz Mopars are different and quirky, and either you're in with the Mopar cult, or you hate it. :DMAGE: Sort of like Monty Python; you get it or you don't, get it?

I don't know why it seems that our cars get much more than their fair share of disrespect.

Its a shame when someone has to run their mouth just to try and make themself look good when us Mopar guys have the car and power to prove it and dont have to run our mouth as we let our car show the power of our Mopars ! Thats sad also as I also like GTO's and I like the 66 to 71 GTO's alot but the 65 may be my favorite GTO.
But hey I also have a 493 in my 63 Sport Fury that is a street car and runs on pump gas. And I drive it to the track and race it thru the full exh. Most of my friends have been to the track with me and know what my car runs but I do have the timeslip which I carry in my wallet for non believers. LoL ! That way I can prove what it runs as I dont like to run my mouth anyway as I hate braggers and bigmouth's. But it is nice to back up any nice words we are forced to say about our car. So when they run their mouth to me and act like an idiot I just pull this out and say.......show me yours ! :hello2: Ron

399953896.gif

Oh and I also have a pic of it my buddy took ! :headbang: Ron

399953905.gif

My BIL used to trash talk Mopars pretty bad but doesn't do that anymore. I just said 'lets run em' and beat him in his store bought Ford with my 66 non stock Belvedere with a 383. He was pissed lol. So he goes out and buys a Super Bee. Cool I said but he wanted to run again. To set the stage, this was in 1970. Well, I beat the Bee too and he's pissed again. He's several years older than me btw. Fast forward to 86 when his sister and I finally get married and the trash talk starts all over again while his brand x cars or lame and are leaking oil and the batteries are dying for no apparent reason but I stay quiet but finally I let it out and tell him, 'look, my cars don't break down or leak oil and even the slower ones are faster than anything you got so what's up with all the bs....you jealous or something?' He finally shut up. A buddy of mine likes to empty his *** from time to time and I just look at him and ask if he's reverting back to jr high and that usually shuts him up lol

That's funny, I have a 68 Hemi Charger with a warmed up 426, I never get smack talk lol

The guy can flap his mouth till his jaw falls off if you ask me..Just tell him toPut up or shut up...Take it to the track!!!!
Petty Blue 67 gtx

Auto Transport Service
Back