• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New 66 Charger Headliner - Have to Pull Glass?

OG_CHGR

Local time
8:14 PM
Reaction score
One of the only things that seems off about my 66 Charger is the headliner. I'm not sure what they used from the factory but mine is not fabric or vinyl, it seems like it's some kind of foam. It's black and has a double line pattern embossed in it around the outside edge. I don't have a good picture at the moment but will get one and add it.

My question is, what was the original factory headliner like? Also, I think I will have a custom black suede headliner installed and if I do is it safe to assume that I won't have to remove the front and rear glass?

On my 1968 Mustang Fastback you have to remove the glass to install the headliner so that's why I ask. It appears there are removable trim pieces that hold it in on the Charger so I'm hoping that means it's an easier installed than the Mustang.

Thanks!

From your description, it sounds like the correct headliner.
No you don't have to pull the glass to remove.

From your description, it sounds like the correct headliner.
No you don't have to pull the glass to remove.
Thanks for the info, if I do in fact have a factory headliner then I'm not going to mess with it. Just looked odd to me so I was thinking it wasn't. I will get a picture added in the next 24hrs for confirmation. Thanks!

I can snap a pic of mine as well, I know it is original.
I just went thru my pics and funny that is one thing I've never taken a picture of.

Screenshot_20211230-095929.png

That's the first time for me to see one! I've looked at the 1st Chargers before but never noticed the design of the headliner.....

Auto Transport Service
Back