• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New 70 6 pack GTX

Nice find, I have one in deep burnt orange.

I see that engine has one of those rifle drilled NASCAR carb studs! Very rare. Nice car.
Mike
Heh, I saw that too.... :)
WOW, if you're gonna start in the whole Mopar thing, I reckon THAT car is one hell of a way to get going!
newwelcome.jpg

Cool!! But did you have THAT car?? :D

Are you talking about the left front stud of the front carb that seems to have a vacuum hose running from it? What's up with that?
welcome, you just landed on planet mopar, planet of all information and member assistance.

Welcome from PA. Baby Blue, my '68 started like your car when I bought her for the first time in 1983. Minor rust repairs completed, tried to keep as much patina as possible. My first GTX was a '70 model. You and your son have excellent taste!

IMG_0086.JPG

I have one and going to put 6 pk on some day I also watched your car on internet , good luck on whatever route you take .

Welcome from Missouri!!

Nice car to start with

welcome to FBBO

Thanks for all the interest, welcomes and laughs. Yes its a bit crazy how this transpired, history repeats itself. My father was a die hard GTX guy as he had a 69 B5 blue car when I was a kid. He told the Mopar street fighter stories my whole life and my son was young still listening to them. For some reason my brain washed son had a liking for the 70 model and Mopars period, Mopar or no car he would say. He asked me to find him a car that was a desirable car in the Mopar circle. A Hemi was off the table due to money, so I figured this had to be the second best thing. I was all in and supported the procurement of the car I always wished I could have, other than my 73 trans Am. I have built, flipped and restored GM cars for many years, and now the holy grail car enters the family. Seriously this is now at a whole new level for me and my expectations of the build. You know Mopar guys are serious with these builds and the cars correctness.

Cool!! But did you have THAT car?? :D

Are you talking about the left front stud of the front carb that seems to have a vacuum hose running from it? What's up with that?

I'm a GM guy... but I swear I didn't do that...:moparsmiley:

Nice GTX. Do you have the history on the car? Looks so original, it would be nice to read how it was maintained over the years.
Does the 6 Pak carb setup run ok?

Nice GTX. Do you have the history on the car? Looks so original, it would be nice to read how it was maintained over the years.
Does the 6 Pak carb setup run ok?

Yes I know the history back to the original owner. It was passed around between a group of guys that know each other I was told, I believe 5 owners total. Most of this time the car wasn't used but only stored. It's a original SD car and went to MI for a bit until the cam went bad then back to WY. They have a open door policy with Mopar's it seems like. These guys have some serious cars or I should say Mopar's, I was lucky to align this deal with them. I'm going to touch base with the second owner that knows the cars complete history soon.

The complete drivetrain has been redone to look as it was. This car is spiced up a quite a bit, and the carbs run flawless. The owner of the car wasn't pinching pennies and built this thing too run strong. The aluminum radiator and billet metering blocks give it away a little I guess.

Auto Transport Service
Back