• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Addition to the Family (Cordoba)

426Hemiman

Local time
3:20 AM
Reaction score
Well after searching for years I was finally able to locate a 77 Cordoba. Picked her up last weekend from nsanebiker. I would like to thank him for his hospitality and willingness to allow me to purchase the car. It was a great pleasure to visit with him and his family. They made both my brother and myself feel right at home. It will be an honor in the future once I complete the car to be able to show them that the car didn't go to someone who would let it go but truly enjoys the vehicle.

Dave

77 Cordoba.jpg

That Cordoba is sharp. Engine? The fastest I've ever driven was in a '77 Cordoba (highly modified)

That Cordoba is sharp. Engine? The fastest I've ever driven was in a '77 Cordoba (highly modified)
Currently it has a 360. Yes my original Cordoba was a factory 400 with 2.45 gears. She wasn't fast off the line but hang on for some serious top end.....LOL

Last edited:
That's a nice lookin one. What are your plans for it?
I plan on doing a mix to the car utilizing some older technologies, current for its age and newer technologies. Example: 426 injected hemi, if I can find the pedals potentially change it over to a modern six speed, use rally wheels (aluminum type), use modern OEM radio gear, update rear end with a Dana 60 & improve the rest of the suspension. The trick to all of this is to make it subtle and have the viewer realize the changes slowly, nothing in your face kinda deal. You may wonder why, its just a dream to do since I had my original one back in the day when hemi's still existed on the street. Nothing like hearing elephant walk coming down the street!

Awesome - we are very glad to have met you and your Brother. It was a great time and we look forward to seeing the end product. Gonna be an awesome build.

Currently it has a 360. Yes my original Cordoba was a factory 400 with 2.45 gears. She wasn't fast off the line but hang on for some serious top end.....LOL
Had a '78 400-4v console shift. Bought it at auction. Driving home, realised after the fact i had it in 2nd, not Drive. Was going 88 mph at the time... Of the 7 Cordobas i've owned, clearly my fave lol

Beautiful car. Weird seeing the silver on a doba. My charge is silver and they only one I have seen in that color. Good luck on the modifications. If you do go thru with swapping in a manual keep us posted as I have thought about doing it on a t-top charger I have.

Auto Transport Service
Back