• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New but old-guy.

HardcoreB

Local time
11:43 AM
Reaction score
Just saying hello because being off for the holidays I found this site. Although I own an A-body, I enjoy the B engine tech and will share some of my experiences. Although I'm into faster combo's I do appreciate reading what people have and sharing their stuff and I respect their results relative to what their doing.

TeamJLapNov21.jpg

Welcome from Alabama, nothing wrong with A bodies. I have a couple myself, and faster is better!
20211214_141248.jpg
20210902_154311.jpg

Just saying hello because being off for the holidays I found this site. Although I own an A-body, I enjoy the B engine tech and will share some of my experiences. Although I'm into faster combo's I do appreciate reading what people have and sharing their stuff and I respect their results relative to what their doing.

View attachment 1581884
Welcome aboard brother

Thanks guys. The new motor LOOKS pretty similar but it's a KB alloy block with 'lowly' 440-1 heads. I took off the intake, carbs, jesel belt, and DS oiling system. New one has about .840" net lift and am hoping for over 900HP. I do have some 572-13 heads I might try OR I also have some Predators that need to be 'rebuilt'. I'm going to run an 'all-motor' class at our local track in '24

Welcome from the left coast, dig your ride. You're almost far enough north to have an Eh-body.

Welcome!! I know a fellow racer that made more than 900 with the "lowly" -1 heads. Certainly doable. The predator head program would be an eye opener. And wallet opener.

Some of you may recognize the N/SS motor. It's in my sons 62 savoy. Sean and I have been trading info for about 12 years. Smart guy and great fabricator. I was fortunate to have worked with him for 10 years before I retired.
Doug

Welcome to FBBO from Nebraska!
We also have A and B bodies we have been working on as well...ours are more the street strip variety. We "had" a 383 in our 65 dart...we hit a few problems with everything we had going on...the A body 8 3/4 just wasn't narrow enough to get any tire in it....so we ended up minitubbing it and narrowing a 8 3/4. Then the 383 didn't seem like enough motor...so we started building a 440. Then the convertor was not enough so we bought a 4800.
So then we had a complete 383/727/8 3/4 that we had rebuilt..it's going in a 67 valiant w a 200 shot.

I won't get into our B body projects and no pictures of the 67 valiant yet. Growing up a old bachelor neighbor had it...never drove over 45. This is the dart when it had the 383..which we are in the process of minitubbing w split monoleafs.

Screenshot_20230930_214138_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20231230_191110_Photos.jpg

Last edited:
Not exactly sure the protocols of this site being it's fbbONLY but, the engine and build tech is the same to share. Some day I'll have a NSS car? I do enjoy that class and the '62-65 cars especially. Doug has been very helpful on my build and I too am lucky to have that resource. I vicariously enjoy the NSS stuff more directly thru the '62 and hope to help get that running as quick as reasonable. When I sold the motor, realizing it'd probably struggle to reach 10.0's in heat made me pretty motivated to make it faster. All 3 of us played a part in that. And It really added enjoyment for me to see Doug and his son (who is a good racer himself) lined-up and racing. Thanks again for the welcomes and sharing your projects.

Auto Transport Service
Back