• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Canadian Member- 72 Satellitesebring-

72Satellite440

Local time
11:35 AM
Reaction score
Hey everyone!Ive lurked around 2 or 3 different mopar sites...Glad to post here and looking forward to all of the banter that comes with it.

Got my Satellite 3 yrs ago, pulled from a swamp- No engine/tranny/wiring

The body still requires smoothing out but its all mostly metal as lower quarters/rocker/lower fender/holes in the floor have been roughed in.

I figured best to take care of the mechanical first:

My 440 stroker which has been all prof done pulled from a 69 chrys newport. Builder boasts 650+ HP Indy Heads/Intake

Rebuilt 8 3/4 3.55 gear 489 case rear from a gtx (suregrip) slid right in

Thats about where I am now in the resto

72Satellite440- Dan

Last edited:
Welcome, i'm already curious as to why there's an exhaust manifold bolted to that Indy head?.......just asking.

Hey ! and thx for all of the Greetings- :)

Welcome, i'm already curious as to why there's an exhaust manifold bolted to that Indy head?.......just asking.
And to answer your question - Red Polara
--I prefer HP Manifolds for a few reasons
-No mods ( yes I realize TTI offers good ones at around 900 bucks)
-Headman-low quality //Hooker-Kind of expensive
-I just dont feel its necessary for the little extra airflow/ hoarsepower ill receive
-I have enough headaches in life in general
-I had a chance of buying some Hooker2.5" Slip on they were crap
-Ive heard some headaches of people cutting up inner fenders/tortion bars to make some of these fit... being my first 8 cyl muscle car I thought I could allways change them later on and its my car lastly.

Project: 72Satellite440
Daily: 04 Toyota Solara

welcome,looks like you're well on your way.

Welcome and you had it right by starting mechanical first. I wish I would have. Now I just have to find a 440 to put back into mine.

Welcome. Looking good so far. Build it the way you want it.

Got the rear end repirched cause of the 3 " difference from the earlier 8 3/4.
Added a leaf spring to make sure my car doesnt fall onits face.Died my seats black and they look perfect.New alum rad/shroud.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 160
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 167
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 167
72Satellite440 a late welcome to the FBBO forum I see you have over 500 posts already you have been busy here.

72Satellite440 a late welcome to the FBBO forum I see you have over 500 posts already you have been busy here.
Im just going to keep using this as a resto page- why bother making a new one
Seats look great 72...What brand of Vinyl dye did you use?
I started with really stained seats - used clorox(bleach powder cleaner and a green scrubie) Making sure its perfectly clean
-They actually didnt look too bad at that point but not the look im going for
I used Dupli-color high performance vynal spray coating 1 can gloss each and 1/2 can of flat to reproduce the semi gloss look
Ive tried scratching it up- its very durable coating and fits in my budget
I can allways spring for the 350 buck covers later

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 140
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 149
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 147